or Connect

Posts by marswill

I've had dropout issues for over a week now. They seem to mostly happen on a scene change and sometimes I notice a total drop in signal on my receiver when it occurs. Sometimes the audio is also affected but most of the time it is only the video. I live in Fremont near Union City.
Great Job. Thanks for sharing.
I had a similar problem with the higher frequencies being attenuated due to the fact I'm at the end of a long cable run. I added a tilt compensator. This device attenuates the low frequencies 12dB while not attenuating the high frequencies. The effect of this is that it flattens the frequency response for long cable runs. Of course this may also attenuate your signal level to the point of requiring a RF amplifier. I added the Motorola BDA-K1-RA which is available at...
I got the following letter in the mail yesterday: "Comcast's network upgrade to an all-digital platform will soon be complete, bringing you all the amazing entertainment and features of XFINITY TV, Internet and voice. This means all your channels will be broadcast exclusively in a digital format. After November 29, 2012, equipment may be required to receive ALL channels, including Limited Basic channels. You'll need to make sure you have the right digital equipment for...
I have had the Fat PS3 for several years now and I have NEVER had a problem playing ANY BD disk. I have 250 movies and I've NEVER had a problem. I do not consider the PS3 as an entry level player at all and have found its upgrade-ability to be fantastic. My PS3 feeds a DVDO Duo which in turn feeds a JVC RS1 projector which projects onto a 100" Stewart Firehawk G3 screen. The video quality is excellent and sometimes looks almost 3D in resolution and depth. I don't...
I just ordered my screen with the 12V trigger option. This will allow your projector, AV receiver, or in my case the video processor, to lower and raise the screen. My AV receiver and video processor both support the 12V trigger feature. Most projectors do also but my JVC RS1 projector doesn't support this feature.
The additional jitter is caused by the transition from copper to optical and back from optical to copper. There is no additional jitter caused by being in the optical domain, only because of the transitions at each end. I hope this helps.
A bit off subject but I'd like to comment about digital audio quality. As far as PCM digital audio goes I have experimented with I2S, Coaxial S/PDIF and Toslink on a very high end HiFi system. The original PCM audio always starts out as I2S. I2S consists of a clock that is seperate from the data. It then can be converted to S/PDIF (where the clock and data are combined) that is still in the copper domain, i.e., can be output as coaxial digital audio at that point. The...
I really like the CW02 case. It has a lot of room for almost anything you might want to install now or in the future. It also has excellent cooling and it's built like a battle ship. Nothing cheap about it. I also chose it as I wanted a full size case that wasn't too wide so that it would match my other equipment. Depth wasn't a problem. Yeah, I would never have purchased the i7 975 at the going rate for the HTPC but when it's given to you, you build a system around...
It's not a bad deal if you get the CPU for free like I did. :-)