or Connect

Posts by Louisville S

I got the TC-P60VT60 a few weeks ago from Amazon. They matched a deal Paul's TV was having. I think it was $500 off or something. Anyways I got it just before Amazon started collecting sales tax from MA residents on November 1. So I saved $500 for the match, sales tax, and my Chase Freedom gave me 5% off purchases made from Amazon this month. Overall I probably paid $1,600 to $1,700 for the set. My first experience was pretty bad. Amazon had Pilot deliver my set. They...
I have a few backup HD-DVD players, an extra XA-2 and A3, but now I think my players will out last the discs.
And you were right. As soon as I disconnected the cable from my Onkyo to my TV lossless sound emerged. 3D and lossless sound, yay! So basically when I want to play an SACD with my PS3 OR watch an HD-DVD from my XA2 I'll have to plug the cable back into my TV. Easy enough to do for rare occasions.
I checked the other discs and they all played fine as well, lol.I really hope this doesn't happen with Blu-rays.In my 6 years of collecting I have never had an issue with a Blu-ray.
I'll have to test this theory when I get home. If it works, not sure what I am going to do. I may just leave it the way I have it.A new receiver would solve a lot of issues, but what would I be getting for the cost? The ability to pass 3D and lossless sound for the mere 5 3D movies I have in my collection? Really not worth it.I guess if this does work I could always disconnect the cable going from my TV to the HDMI OUT on my TX-SR705 every time I want to watch a 3D movie...
I think this explains the problem I am having. I have a Panasonic TC-P60VT60, Onkyo TX-SR705, Panasonic DMP-BDT330, and a 60 GB PS3 & Toshiba HD-XA2 from 2007. All connected using Ultra Slim Series High Performance HDMI® Cable w/ RedMere® Technology from Monoprice. I bought the Panasonic DMP-BDT330 specifically to be able to watch 3D and bitstream lossless audio to my receiver. I originally had bought the Sony BDPS790, but when I turned on HDMI Audio Separation 3D video...
NEW DEFECTIVE MOVIE: Blade Runner The Final Cut froze after 6 minutes with 408bc509. I got the suitcase special edition in 2007. Bought the Blu-ray digibook with my Chase Freedom Reward points because it's my favorite movie of all time and I don't want to deal with the month turnaround time from Warner. I am pretty pissed. I really feel like 5 years from now all my HD-DVDs will be unplayable. I really don't feel like watching all of them one by one, but it's getting...
I actually returned the S790 and bought the Panasonic DMP-BDT330 before I could try your suggestion. I experienced the same handshaking issue (Onkyo TX-SR705 blinking like it's trying to receive a signal and nothing). I went over all settings with a fine tooth comb and tried powering off and on all devices in a different order each time. I tried firmware updates on both players, same issue.So I decided when I want to watch 2D Blu-rays I play them using the Panasonic...
I just got the Sony BDP-S790 but I am having trouble getting sound out of the second HDMI port. 3D video works fine, but I get no audio whatsoever. I have an Onkyo TX-SR705 and I went into the setup menu and made sure the correct input was selected. I went into the audio settings and made sure all the correct settings were checked off. I have spent two hours fiddling with this thing and nothing. I get audio out of the coax fine, but I am having trouble with the HDMI Output...
Received my replacements today. Took a little over a month turnaround.