or Connect

Posts by tf1216

Case SOLVED. Thank you for all of your help everyone. After perusing the manual for the receiver I learned what the I/O Assignment settings were for. I toyed with those for a while and all of a sudden the cable box's audio was coming through my speakers. I was perplexed as to why sound was occurring on the DVD input when I had the optical cable plugged into the DTV/CBL input. I kept playing around to then learn that the optical cable from the TV to the receiver was...
I have not tried to reset the receiver's microprocessor. I had no idea I could do that. I see in the manual (pg. 106) that there are directions to do that. I will try it tonight.I do not remember seeing a coaxial output on the cable box but I will check again tonight. I'm going to use a standard RCA plug to make the connection. Have you noticed variances in cable quality when using digital coaxial connections?Thank you!
I have given up on trying to get the optical outputs to work with my receiver. Instead I will use HDMI to transfer audio from the TV and cable box to the receiver. I think the device linked below should work rather nicely to get audio to both the TV and the receiver via an HDMI cable. However, it will not work at extracting audio from the TV to get it into the...
Thank you for the advice. I will search again tonight for settings like that. I have tried using Viera Tools by pressing the button on the remote. Upon pushing the button, options appear at the bottom of the screen. One option is Viera Link which I selected. What it says on the TV is "Viera Link lets you control HDMI connected compatible audio and video devices via single TV remote and simple on-screen menus. Please connect compatible products for easy and smart...
Yes, I have connected the optical out of the cable box directly to the optical in of the receiver. I am using two of the three optical ins on the receiver. One from the cable box and one from the TV. I never thought of muting the TV while using the cable box. I will try that. I have tried disconnecting the HDMI cable from the cable box while leaving the optical cable connected to the receiver. No luck with that scenario.
I need help getting audio out of my DirecTV cable box and my TV (Pansonic TC-65PS64). I am using the optical output from the cable box so the lady of the house can have sound from the TV via direct HDMI connection. Similar situation when using Netflix on the TV. I would like to use the optical output of the TV fed into the receiver (Yamaha V661) for the time I would like to use external speakers. The optical cables are brand new, I do see red light out the ends,...
I unplugged the optical cable from both the cable box and the receiver. I plugged it back into the cable box and saw that a red light was shining on the other end. I plugged it back into the receiver and nothing. I can't find where in the cable box settings I tell where to output the audio. The only option is for Dolby Digital. I am at a loss.
Still struggling. Has anyone encountered the same problems?
Thank you for helping JChin. The optical cables did have the protective caps over the ends which I did remove. The DirecTV box has one audio seeting and that is to turn Dolby Digital On or Off. I have it set to on. The Panasonic remote has a Viera Tools button. Upon pushing the button options appear at the bottom of the screen. One option is Viera Link which I selected. What it says on the TV is "Viera Link lets you control HDMI connected compatible audio and video...
I tried an optical cable out of the cable box and out of the tv (two different ones) I got no sound from either. I ensured that the receiver was set to the correct input and either Auto or optical was set for audio. Any advice on how to get sound using an optical cable?