or Connect

Posts by neworder71

Maybe run the mid-bass sub off my front channel precut, since the sub has a low pass already? I can set the front high pass in the receiver.
Current sub Velodyne 907...bought in mid 90's so its quite out of date. 80w 8" with 10" radiator only rated down to 35hz. In a small room it was fine, I now have 3400 cubic ft square media room (the theater is in one half of it, if that makes a difference). It is for 100% movie usage. My budget is $500ish so I've considered SVS PB1000 and a Klipsch SW311 on sale for $500. Due to the square room I'm thinking of keeping the Velodyne to help smooth out all the seating...
I've read do much and gotten confused, I don't recall where I read that.
I posted this a couple days back in the HT forum but got no feedback.... My 2nd row sofa is only about 10" off rear wall. I need a speaker with a wide dispersion for rears due to the close seating position. I'm considering Cambridge Minx 21's with BMR drivers and recessing them in the wall...I figure every inch helps. Any other options I should consider in speakers or changing the orientation somehow? I wouldn't mind a true in wall option. I've read di/bi-poles aren't...
My 2nd row sofa is only about 18" off rear wall. I need a speaker with a wide dispersion for rears due to the close seating position. I'm considering Cambridge Minx 21's with BMR drivers and recessing them in the wall...I figure every inch helps. Any other options I should consider in speakers or changing the orientation somehow? I wouldn't mind a true in wall option. I know di/bi-poles aren't recommended for rears. My other speakers are 5x NHT VS 2.4 and 2x NHT...
I have a 19' square media room (yes I know the problems with squares). Roughly half is devoted to my theater, 19 by 10 or 11. The final layout will have the an L sectional that will go against back wall and in corner on riser (overflow seating), a recliner sofa for the front row. So in effect I'm right against the right side wall with the arm of the sofa and the return of the sectional. The long side of sectional is against the back wall. I'm not concerned with the...
This may be a dumb question but...Is there an reason why hang-able acoustic panels are nearly always 2'x4' other than convenience of the available material sizes? Meaning is the some wave length reason? I realize the size works nicely to cover a reflection point in relation to seating position and speaker position. But than again so could other sizes. I have a specific situation that I'd like more of a 2x3 horizontal panel to work in my design.
jdanforth, Your distance to the left wall doesn't seem too severe. I would have gone with surround specific wall mount speaker on both sides and mounted them higher on the wall. I have a tiny bookshelf speaker that was known for not having the widest sound stage in a large volume room. My open space would end just before the chaise on your couch starts...and then there is the 10' ceiling to deal with
Forgive the repost, I posted this last week in the general HT forum and got no takers…. As part of a compromise with my wife, I shifting my theater to the side of our bonus room. I have a Onkyo 809 with 7.1. The room is roughly 20x20 square with a vaulted ceiling (8' wall followed by a 45 degree slope up to 10', the flat section is a 16' square) . The issue is by shifting it to the side, one arm of the sofa will be against the side wall and the other side will be 13' away...
I found these speakers for ~$350 pr, polk audio 80f/x-rt that are kind of the idea I had in mind. The drivers are tilted in the frame to be aimed from the ceiling. They are designed as surround speakers. Anybody don't anything like this?