or Connect

Posts by curiousmurf

Thanks domingos38. I'm wondering if the warranty on these are the same as from authorized stores ?
From where ? Thanks.
Hi gadgetgreaky,If you have the room...go at least 120" . A couple of years ago when I first got a 100" screen I thought that was big/nice. Now I have a 120" and it's much better.Most newer projectors are brighter so can handle the larger screen. Also 120" is not considered 'very large' anymore. You used to have to pay alot more for a 120" screen 5-10 years ago. Not today.Btw. I have an Epson 5010 + 120" Dalite High Power screen and it's a very nice combination. However...
to add to streamerlover....I would use a couple of pc/laptops for a task like this. I recently did this for my dad's cd/dvd collection using 3 pc/3 laptops. If you have alot of pcs in different rooms you can use remote desktop to control the pcs and just run around to change discs..... ....but it would be better to have all the pcs in one room so you don't have to run around. Boot into the pc bios and select (something like "Halt on no errors") so you can turn on the...
I have no problem with htpc/5010 in 3D. -Window 7/64b. -Ati5770 video card -hdmi 1.4 (don't forget to use newer hdmi 1.4 cable) -PowerDvd 11 -Anydvd I do notice sometimes 3d don't work until you click the "3D" icon to enable it in PowerDVD. This 3d icon is to the right of the "play" icon at bottom of screen. I don't remember having to click the 2D/3D button on the Epson projector. Good luck.
In Australia the TW9000=6010 and TW8000=5010. I'm pretty sure it's the same in Europe.
I had what I thought was dust blobs a couple of days ago...a little larger than a golf ball in size and is a light reddish/brown in color and is located near the top right corner of the screen...can only be seen with a black background. My 5010 has less than 20 hours on it and i've vacuum the room (hard floor, no carpet) every 3 days so it was very disappointing to see the dust blobs. Then yesterday I turned on the projector and the 'dust blobs' wasn't there. Can dust...
I have the ati 5770 and can confirm it play 3d bluray nicely. I'm not familiar with Cpu requirements for 3D bluray playback but I'm pretty sure Ati 5770 are powerful enough (even though the spec say nothing about playback of 3Ds) - make sure you use hdmi 1.4 cable - I've only used Power DVD 11 Ultra
i got a reply from Dalite and they said their screen do not suffer from burn in. So burn in is not the cause. I'd still like to find out what's the cause of the dark areas so I can prevent it from happening again...
Today I used dishwashing liquid and warm water to clean the screen...wiping horizontally. About half the shade of the dark areas comes off. Very happy with the result as the lines in the screenshots are harder to notice now..but I can still see it. Wish I could totally clean the dark areas. I don't have denatured alcohol to try but google said it's pretty much the same as methylated spirit which I tried in one corner of the screen but didn't notice any improvement. Did...