or Connect

Posts by curiousmurf

It's a new projector and I have tested this theory. Unfortunately it's the screen. I can even see it without turning on the projector.
got some photos last night using a point and shoot camera.... I should have find a movie/scene with bright white back ground which would show the lines even more. Thanks for the feedback. Drexler;airscapes: was the markings on yours as bad as mine ? I look at the screen again last night and it does not look like dirt built up and the screen look very clean. I will try warm water / denatured alcohol on each corner of the screen and see which method works better and...
My Epson is on a shelf 2 feet behind me and just cleared my head. Nice and bright for 3D and 2D. I have not watch much 3Ds and from the limited viewing the comfort level is similar to my dad's new Panasonic 3d plasma but with more immersion due to the larger screen. PQ on the Epson is great provided it's fed with very high source like original bluray: bright; vibrant colour; great blacks; sharp... anything of lower quality than bluray and i'd prefer to watch it on my...
I emailed the seller and he said he did use (sometimes) a 2.35:1 aspect ratio projector but there was nothing placed directly over the screen. I pick up the projector from him and he seem a very helpful and honest person. I don't think he saw the marks because he was using an older projector where as i'm using the new Epson 5010 which is very bright so I can see it very clearly. I will try and post some images in the next day or two ...
I tried soft cloth and warm water in a small area. Does not work so far...
Yes I'll give it a wipe tomorrow and see what happen.
I'm in the same boat as you con219 with the 3.5 years warranty. However I don't think I can keep my finger still for this long. Is it possible to go into the hidden menu and put back original settings so Epson couldn't tell you've been there ?
Hello and Happy New Year to Everyone !!! I just purchased a used 119" electric Dalite HP screen in very good condition (manufactured 3 years ago). The one issue the screen has is it has a clearly defined approx 8-10 inches band at the top and bottom of the screen that is brighter than the middle section...clearly visible during bright scenes. It looks like the bands described has something to do with the previous owner using a 2.35:1 projector... My question is can...
I have a 119" Dalite HP screen + Epson TW8000(5010). Sitting distance similar to your set up. Perfect combination.Before purchasing the Epson i thought maybe it will be too bright for the screen but it end up being perfect. No hot spotting and viewing angle is better than I thought. Sitting together with my wife and two children we all can see the screen at optimal brightness...maybe another 2 people...While the image is very vibrant and bright I don't notice the 'wash...
KevinG. If you already have a recent Ati card you may not have to upgrade to Nvidia. I have the Ati 5770 (which according to Ati is not supposed to play 3D) but is running 3D great. Just make sure you have latest drivers;hdmi 1.4 cable. I use PowerDVD 11 and Anydvd. Also, my 3d glasses from my dad's Panasonic 3d plasma also work on the 5010 . Here's a link to Epson 3d glasses compatibility list:link