or Connect

Posts by curiousmurf

Can the B/Box display local cover art for movies/music? I have all my art covers stored inside individual movie's/music's folder on a network share.
I've tested the following devices over a number of weeks and this is my findings in regard to just picture quality (playback of bluray rip 10+ GB movies) : 1. Boxee Box (Intel CE4110) 2. Dvico Tvix 6600 (Realtek 1283) 3. WDTV Live Plus (Sigma 8654) 4. HTPC - Ati Radeon 5770 * 1. Boxee box definitely have a sharper / nicer PQ than the rest. ** 2 and 3 are similar in PQ. *** Htpc can at times almost rival Boxee Box...but rarely. I'm no expert in htpc and still need...
I saw a 4 port sata pci controller card over at monoprice.com (search for "4 Port SATA PCI")with many good buyer reviews. I believe the speed is fast enough for video streaming and at $17 a piece it's a low risk purchase.
...I got it working. One of the key on the mini keyboard was very slightly 'stuck' so the whole thing didn't work. I nudge the key back into proper position and all is good now.
I just received my Boxee. Plug it in and there's a message along the line "......First. Boxee needs to get online" with a bright Start button underneath the message. How do I click the Start button using the remote? . I've removed the plastic cover on the battery but still can't seem to use the remote... I tried pressing the middle button for more than 5 sec to try and pair the devices ...no go. I tried replacing the battery with another battery...no go. I notice...
I just received my Boxee. Plug it in and there's a message along the line "......First. Boxee needs to get online" with a bright Start button underneath the message. How do I click the Start button using the remote? . I've removed the plastic cover on the battery but still can't seem to use the remote.... and yes. I've connected the box to the router via cable.
...I found the solution here: http://www.hack7mc.com/2009/09/clear...ia-center.html
I was having problem playing media files with audio encoded in ac3. I tried installing AC3Filter then later on tried Shark007's codec packs...in the end it still not working. I'd like to find a way to 'reset' W7MC so that it is easier to troubleshoot problems. Also, my media library span multiple local pc and sometimes W7MC seem very sluggish updating the various sources. It would be faster for me to reset W7MC and set up new library then to wait for it to update...
Just wondering if its possible to totally reset Windows 7 Media Center? or just reinstall Windows 7 Media Center without reinstalling windows 7 ? I've tried the 'Run Setup Again' in the General/WMC Setup menu and also tried Control Panel/Programs and Features/Turn windows features on or off....but with both of these methods when I start W7MC again I can still see my previous settings eg...media library from previous set up.
I'm also curious to know what is a good card with analogue output.