or Connect

Posts by sensui

That's interesting you got it working with the stock firmware.....I couldn't get that to happen until I installed a patch......http://www.mpcclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28070&page=6after that, it worked fine for everything I've thrown @ it....I had an old NAD receiver that doesn't decode the HD bitstreams.....but I only have a 5.1 setup there so have never worried about the 7.1 factor. I remember reading that it decodes to 7.1 properly playing under BD-Lite but if you...
Quite possibly, my 151 FD is 60".....I know this is not my imagination @ least because I go back and forth between the setups frequently (I have 2 seaton submersives with the ZT60 setup 65") and I use my Kuro setup in my bedroom retreat when the kids are sleeping. Done a lot of back and forth comparisons during Game of Thrones marathon. But to me, the way the kuro handles the motion from 24hz material seems much more natural than the interpolation techniques on the...
Off topic a bit from the thread but I use THX Cinema for night time viewing and THX Day for daytime viewing to keep it simple (till I break it in and call for an ISF calibration from Jeff Meier since he did such a great job with my kuro) with the refresh rate set @ 96hz. If I remember properly, 60hz introduced judder and 48hz had some weird flickering issues....96hz seems to work best but the movement and panning shots does not look as fluid as my Kuro. This is with all...
Vinnie, I agree with you, overall the zt60 is an improvement on the 9G kuros except for 1 glaring flaw (least in my eyes). The way the Kuro handles motion is very natural.....Panasonic....not so much, I've tried all the different frequencies and cannot make it look as natural as the Kuro handles motions/pan shots. Amazing tv though the zt60 is.....just have to wait till I get mine calibrated properly.....
Totally satisfied with the 3 plasmas in my household, 151FD, vt50, and the zt60. This news indeed saddens me as it's the designated fate of anyone that attempts to make quality flat panel displays (Pioneer plasmas, Sharp Elite, Panasonic plasmas).....have to face the music, very niche market and no one willing to shell out this kind of $$ when LCDs are so cheap, bright, and for the most part decent PQ with a full set of functions for 99% of the population. I can only...
I have the same issue with one of my setups. This behavior happens on my Marantz 8801 + Panasonic ZT60 setup.....I am guessing it's the processor/pre-pro as I don't have an issue with another Dune unit with a NAD T785 receiver + Pioneer 151FD. It just seems to do an extra handshake when it flips resolutions. Same settings on both of my Dunes (locked to 1080p 24hz)
This happened to me earlier and it happened randomly so I stopped using SMB. Been using NFS and it has been much more stable between the 2 dunes (H1 and D1).....sometimes you can't access the locations just accessed by the other unit and changing the TCP/UDP modes on the settings to flip seemed to do the trick every time (quicker way than deleting and adding again).
yeah, recently I picked up a H1 and D1 for 2 systems and bought another H1 as a backup.....they are still more or less available in EU so I got buddies to buy and ship to me in the states.....they are really a bargain for what they do out the box without all the tinkering of a htpc. My only complaint on them would really be a gigabit ethernet port so it makes moving files to them across the network less painful......but I found out there's not much use for that as the...
I've not heard this from the ZT60 as of yet.....but I hear this regularly with my kuro 151-FD lol.....I use to check my wall mount all the time thinking it was comin off the studs or something. I think it's pretty normal with hot plasmas and thermal expansion/cooling.
Same concept as the diffusers the uk avforums built, it really does work well. I have seen no adverse effects with this other than about a 80% reduction in fan noise. I'm not exactly that thrilled about the foam strip solution either having the fan take in less air as a solution.....the diffusers actually don't seem that bad of a solution and my tv is wall mounted, no one will ever see behind there to see the diffusers and the trouble of taking the screen off....having...