or Connect

Posts by Ricci

Keep me in the loop please.
I haven't seen this mysterious top end roll off with REW either. Make sure that your windowing and measurements signals are comparable between programs.Cool thanks...That looks better than I had thought it'd be honestly. The box is a bit undersized so that causes a bit of humping up anyway. Is there a low pass engaged above 100hz?
Man...I'm really regretting missing out on this one. Stupid schedule!
Build a 10" powerport into the base. 20-25 cu ft per driver. Go no less than a flared 8" port on each driver.
Sorry about the delayed response. Just pull up a few measurements and extend the length of the window and watch what happens to the deepest frequencies. It can make a big difference. Once it gets long enough it doesn't matter much what window type you use. Most of the time the default REW window is fine FWTW. If you are specifically trying to look at the
Good stuff Not. I would disregard the stuff below 10Hz on these graphs. With a 24dB octave roll off below tune combined with 18dB octave 13Hz high pass it doesn't really jive with that the graphs show not to mention the huge jump on the last sweep making it unlike the previous ones. The roll off should be way sharper. Have you tried to see what the low end looks like when you change the impulse response window? Try lengthening the window to its maximum close length and...
The TD 18 is a soft bottom. Surround, spider and BL limited. Hard bottom is past 40mm I was told. It will never get there. 30mm peak to peak is no problem.
I suspect it was produced in software as there are a number of very cost effective and flexible ones built into various programs these days, but I do not know that for sure.
You should compare the base response graphs if looking at the low bass range not the full range measurements as they lose some resolution in the deep stuff due to a larger frequency range and usually a faster sweep as well. Background noise in the 10-20Hz octaves is a problem at the volume levels used in those sweeps. The difference is more like -3dB or slightly more for the dual opposed at 20Hz if the responses are matched in the 90-100Hz range. The increased deep bass...
I have thought about getting into testing amplifiers and acquiring the equipment and knowledge but I can't even keep up with the bass thing. I would be more than happy to make a section at DB to host amplifier measurements if someone wanted to start doing them. The tests that Langston did were fantastic IMHO. You should test maximum sine wave power at the onset of clipping at various frequencies sure...But the cea-2010 shaped burst should also be used to look at short...