or Connect

Posts by Ricci

Mk to me that looks like just electronic noise in your signal chain below 10Hz and not a reading of anything acoustic from the mic orbit could be clipping or both. Are you sure there are no calibration files applied? This looks exactly like what happens when huge low end corrections are applied with too much noise from excess gain in the electronics. If there are corrections applied remove all of them and rerun a few measurements. No need for 120dB sweeps either. Figure...
FWIW I tend to agree with Bosso that FR is the lions share of the difference in bass sound once you eliminate output level differences and either driver/ system being over driven, which is another typical reason for preference of one system over another and brings in dynamic compression, increased distortion and mechanical noises or clipping. With complete powered systems with protections and limiters built in these may be limiting the dynamic tracking of the signal peaks...
Keep in mind that 17Hz is the minimum excursion point for the GH so you don't have to worry about bottoming the driver there really but heat will build up fast because the impedance is low and the driver is not moving a whole lot. The area to watch for excursion is about 25Hz. It still takes quite a bit of power to get it there at 25Hz though. FWIW.
As long as you use at least a 12dB BW or LR high pass at 14 or 15Hz you should be fine. I've been using an 18dB BW with no issues. Take it easy on you house with those.
It is back on line.
+1 FOH
This is why it is difficult to put recommended power ratings on drivers and why I always start out by asking someone what kind of music they listen too and how loudly. What you describe above is more like what I personally label the "car audio bass head" listener (Right or wrong it's just a generic stereotype on my part), which means that you like the bass HOT and loud and you listen to tracks that are basically bass test tracks with electronically generated bass tones...
Looks great man...You have got the hard parts done. Well...except hoisting those up into the attic. You have to document that .
Let me give you guys a little wisdom that I picked up along the way... Running series drivers tapping in at different places in a tapped horn results in greatly differing loads on the drivers and results in one driver being driven significantly harder than the other. You cannot model this stuff in HornResponse. Fudging the throat and secondary tap as in between the two drivers is not accurate at all and results in a simulation that in no way matches reality. You have to go...
Kutlow, Don't take this the wrong way here, but it seems like your setup has never been right to begin with. Your room is under 3000cu ft and you have 3 DTS-10's. Don't you also have large Klipsch heritage mains as well or am I remembering that wrong? Anyway that system should be plenty for most anyone. The DTS-10's are rather more difficult than most systems to integrate and setup. They are not plug and play by any means with all of the wiring between the drivers and...