or Connect

Posts by Ricci

Kutlow, Don't take this the wrong way here, but it seems like your setup has never been right to begin with. Your room is under 3000cu ft and you have 3 DTS-10's. Don't you also have large Klipsch heritage mains as well or am I remembering that wrong? Anyway that system should be plenty for most anyone. The DTS-10's are rather more difficult than most systems to integrate and setup. They are not plug and play by any means with all of the wiring between the drivers and...
Just go ahead as planned since I don't have the prints done.
Good luck Doug...I dont want to discourage you but I wish I would have given you the new fold as it is much cleaner and less cutting. I don't think I had it done at the time though. The ones you are working off of are accurate because it all fits together in Solidworks but as Luke says you can't really worry about getting it down to the last decimal place. Just make sure it is close and it'll be fine.
Yes...But do you know of anyone employing such an approach with an IB? Dynamic EQ is not exactly the same as a peak limiter either. It could work but it definitely takes some dialing in with testing. Either way we should probably take this discussion elsewhere.
If you EQ it for the same response the IB is using far less power hence the amp is smaller. Since the sealed system requires more amplifier power to produce the same output it is using a much more powerful amplifier and it has much higher maximum output outside of the excursion limited zone. What you are talking about John is having so much system capability that neither the IB or sealed system are ever over taxed. This is a different discussion. Technically you could say...
What FOH is saying is that yes, technically both systems are capable of basically the same output per driver, but if you connect an amplifier to the IB driver of the same strength as used to drive the small sealed system capably in order to reach the same output headroom full bandwidth then what results is a non safe scenario or ticking time bomb for the IB drivers in the low bass. If you use the same amount of juice as you would on a small sealed system on the IB the...
Yep...I always think the same thing. That's just how it goes.
Dave yours should be about the same as mine. Let's just assume its somewhere between don't worry about it and -13
Couple of things...Dead space= an unoptomized design and performance left on the table. IMO John try to eliminate the dead space by increasing the SD or volume of the horn sections in that area. You have 3 sections there should be no deadspace left. This will increase low bass sensitivity if done right. In order to do this you may need to play around with the expansion angles of those 3 sections. Sometimes you can keep all the same and other times not. You want the least...
John thanks for the reply...Didn't mean to put you on the spot or anything I have been to busy to really think about it lately. So far the td15M apollos I bought are operating flawless. The TD18 sounds really good with a top end noticeably better than even the 2242hpl or the triple shorting BMS which is a very nice woofer actually. We aren't getting any real excursion out of the TD woof for bass guitar and like I said we really aren't giving it that much power especially...