or Connect

Posts by fahrenheit

The plasma has a native res. 1920x1080. Anything other than that has to be processed (scaled) by the display. If you haven't tested the delay that a non-native resolution might have, then you can't determine what impact it has on the result. Its an unknown variable and in this type of test, unknown variables are bad. No wonder you have no exif data if you are using video. Save my pic, right click it and choose Properties then the Details tab.
Moonchilde, I think your testing is very flawed and makes the data invalid. You asked Orta why it matters that Aero was enabled, but then go on to state that the Panasonic is your "main monitor". These tests should be run in clone only. If your CRT can't accept 1920x1080 at 60Hz (or your graphic card/Windows setup won't allow it), then you shouldn't be going any further. You may be able to run the test at 1280x720, but then you may introduce scaling lag which could be a...
Well if we don't know what is responsible for the lag, then we don't know what will fix it.Keep in mind that I've got nothing to base the following on and don't know whether this is occuring with the 2013 models. Owners will be able to correct me if this is off-base....I'd speculate that it may be because of how My Smart Home is implemented.On my GT50, the internet-based functions are not a service that is running in the background, it has to load when it is called. I also...
Oh no don't start. I already calibrate my video with a colorimeter and my audio with Audyssey and mic. I don't want to have to add calibrating my neck to the list.
No problem, I didn't take that as a criticism. Just wanted to make a point that (for me), raising the TV, either by wall mount or taller stand, would have a negative result.Speaking of people and their strange ways, my friend has a 65" ST50 mounted high above a fireplace. I picked the mount out for him and got one that could do a 15 degree tilt (most seem to only give 10 degrees max).So on the day we install it and tilt it downwards, he tells me that he doesn't want to...
Just under 18". No, I don't watch in a reclined position but I guess it would be accurate to say that I like to slump a bit . I'm not tall either.I cannot stress enough how much enjoyment I get from having the center of the screen at head-height. It is something immediate and tangible. There are probably at least one hundred talking heads I see in an average evening of viewing who have an eyeline that meets with mine.Having the center speaker at ear-level is a less...
I'm not thanks.
Always has to be some compromise. For me, it was more important that I was looking at the middle of my 60" while seated on the couch. This also ensured that I could upgrade to a 65 and beyond and still feel I was looking across, rather than up at the TV. So that pretty much locked me into having a low positioned center speaker.I designed my table and picked my speakers with that in mind though.I have the center speaker slightly angled upwards, but its still lower than I'd...
You talked about the "bionic eye" and other people's emotional observations (rockband etc) while ignoring the other data provided in the review. I just wanted to ensure you weren't dismissing the results without accounting for the other (and crucial) data points.[quote]Enlisting the more concrete services of the Leo Bodnar Lag Tester, the measurement came out as 74.5ms (it also clocks our old ST50 in at about 47ms,[/quote]Did you also miss this very important information?...
I don't think this thread is the place to debate the merits of either. Besides, its irrelevant. If two flawed tests both show a trend towards more lag, then more lag would be a fairly obvious conclusion.Potential buyers only want to know - Is this laggier than the outgoing model? (the data suggests it is) and - Is this beyond my tolerance threshold?Those are the only questions that matter.