or Connect

Posts by muellerfilm

Yes, Into the blue, Lady in The Water and Firewall are some good ones. For example with Into the Blue at the start of Movie in the exterior airplane CGI shot the blacks looks blocky and pixelated with the 1000 and with the 1200 they do not look that way. Also the shots in the cockpit the actors faces look very grainy. They look a little less grainy with the Sony BDPS1 and even less grainy with the 1200. with Lady in the Water the movie has alot of night shots. With the...
Good testing, I have been comparing as well. On my display the picture looks more detailed 1200 over the 1000. I was really unhappy with 1000 on night scenes. They just did not seem to be as good as other players Panasonic or the Sony. That is why I started purchasing the Sony BDPS1 units. As in my opinion it had the best picture all around before 1200 was released. I still think the 1200 is a very good player and I have not experienced the freezing that others have...
Hello there, give me a break I was not doing another comparison with this Second Samsung player I was just relating my experience when watching a Blu Ray disk at home. I did other comparison this morning at my office with The Tailor in Panama Blu Ray disk In the BDP1200 and the BDPS1 This movie has soft look to it. Looks like they transferred it off the internegative instead of the interpositive so I wanted to see how it compared to the Sony BDPS1. Many seem to point...
The player is working fine now. The sharpness setting was set to high I turned it off and the 24FPS mode was turned off. I turned it on. Now the picture looks great no grain just perfect. Wow I just really love this unit. Wow, am I the only one loving this player so much or what?
Hello this muellerfilm and I am the one who started this thread and it's been four days with this new player and while excitement has wore off somewhat I still like what I see. The player is still performing well with no major glitches as far as I can see. I have put many disks through the unit. I am mainly using the unit for burned BDMV and BDAV BD-R disks. I picked up second player for home use today and watched A Tailor in Panama and it seemed to look grainer on...
Quote: Well, it's tough to see once you have already made your purchase. The person he says is "very wrong" is one of the world's authorities. One would do well to read his website, then read it again. Well, I do not who he is but if he is as you say is one of the world's authorities. But to come left field and disagree the the Samsung BDP1200 could not be better than the Sony BDPS1 without testing it first.Well, that just does not sound right. You can do all the...
Well, I think what you are not getting is that it is 1920x1080 p @24Hz. End of story. Like it or not it is. Get a Samsung 5296 and a Samsung BDP1200 and test it. You can see it in the picture it looks outstanding. Samsung did a great job with this new player. I really like Sony but they really droped the ball with not supporting BDAV for there latest player and leaving everyone who has there Blu ray burner with the software bundled with the unit with no support with...
Quote: Sorry but I disagree. Subjectively you are saying you see an improvement. What are you using to test with? The Sony can fully resolve all the chroma and luma info, its levels are correct, it retains the full dynamic range, and it can output 24p right off the disc. There is nothing to improve upon from a video standpoint. Objective testing will tell you quite early what can and can't be improved upon. I can't say if the Samsung is nice looking because I haven't...
When playing back a dvd the info button says 1920x1080P@60HZ. Johnny I think the 5296 is really showing 1920x1080P @ 24Hz. The picture looks so good. I turned off the 24fps mode off and compared to Sony BDPS1 and the picture looked a little better with the Samsung unit. With 24fps mode switched on on both units thats when the Samsung really outshined the Sony.Info button on the 5296 with the Sony Says 1920x1080P@60HZ in its 24 FPS mode and with the Samung it says...
The other note is on my Samsung 5296 LCD this player outputs 1920x1080P @24Hz. When I press the info button on the 5296 remote this is what it says true 1080P 24P. With my SonyBDPS1 it displays 1920x1080P @60Hz Good job Samsung you guys are ahead of the game. Mark