or Connect

Posts by bengance

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to play console games and watch blu-ray movies down there. I think the Yamaha should be sufficient to cover the room.
We're finishing our basement because we need the space for a baby. Also means we get to put in a small home theater. It's a 12 x 16 rectangle that will have some openings to on the left side. I'm not really picky but don't want to overspend and just get the best price/performance. I'd be okay with $300 - $600 as far as budget. I don't believe I need to spend more to get good sound. I've been living with TV speakers for awhile now so I'm no audiophile. What I'm looking...
I live in NE Atlanta (zip 30096) and get decent to very good reception using a Terk Indoor HDTV antenna in my attic. Its attached to a channelmaster pre-amp currently. My only significant problem is ABC, it doesn't come in at all. Directionally, ABC is in line with the other Atlanta stations, but it must be just outside the range of my current antenna. After reading reviews, store ratings and forum posts, I'm considering a few antennas: Channel Master CM...
1 small one that faces away from Atlanta (and most stations).I think its Pleasant Hill. It's right behind us heading towards Atlanta.Yes, those two are VHF and are probably the two most important stations (must have PBS for shows for the kids). But I'm picking these up fine using a small indoor so it shouldn't be a problem. Interested in the Winegard, I might get it instead and hopefully VHF at 11 and 19 miles should be close enough. Thanks folks. Anything else?
Going to order a Channel Master 4221HD for use in a suburban setting and put it up in our attic. Here's our report: mostly UHF on the primetime channels we watch (CBS, ABC, NBC, Fox around 20 miles away) http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...9fbe91e8eaacac Currently I have an indoor Terk antenna that does okay but isn't as great for UHF. Anyone have any thoughts or comments?
I've been going back and forth on which LCD to purchase. But its getting down to the wire as we're closing on our 1st home tomorrow. 1. Budget - $500-650 2. Seating distance - 8-10 feet 3. Size/placement limitations - 40 inches pref. 4. Uses and sourcesstandard def kids shows (ATSC) DVDs - kids and dramas (S-video) prime-time shows (some HD) via ATSC & Windows Media Center Extender (Xbox 360) Xbox 360 Games - action, adventure, RPG (HDMI) 5. Room lighting - open and...
Thanks. I don't know if they will be wired or wireless...but if they decide on wireless I'll steer them away from the HD Homerun. Like you, wireless can work a % of the time but wired is just a sure bet. Also saw this on Hauppauge's website: Hauppauge 1950 Interesting in that it has an onboard decoder for MPEG2.
I have had VMC and a hauppauge PCI card for recording TV for a few years now for ATSC tv. I love it and have mentioned it to my friends numerous times. Two of them have Vista Home Preimium on a laptop and want to record the OTA ATSC signal. They live about 5 miles from the broadcast tower I think. I've been googling for reviews and found a decent website with some. But I trust this forum so some personal advice is recommended. Requirements:Works with Vista 32...
Wow. Thanks for the posts. I should have clarified that the non-HD recordings are stil taking up a lot of space. 1080 and 720 stuff would no doubt take more space than 480i. When I get home all compare file sizes for some of the different recordings to see what SD is recorded at. Thanks for the replies. Anyone want to comment on PVR software that will recode or compress files? I don't have an HD tv so I don't need full 1080i. I got the tuner more for the clear...
Hi, thanks for looking at this thread. I recently bought a Hauppauge 1600 PCI Analog/Digital tuner. So far my experience has been very good. After purchasing a Terk unamplified antenna I've been getting all the digital channels no prob and have been using Beyond TV 4.6's 21 day trial. Working very nicely. (Could be that I live 0.5 mi from all the towers in Portland!) My main problem is that digital recordings eat up my harddrive fast. I kind of don't understand...