or Connect

Posts by treepop

So I just got a pretty good deal on the Toshiba LED 50 inch for $450. I was thinking the extra 8 inches and the 7 or so years of new technology would result in a better viewing experience, but....I kinda wanna return it. The blacks are very crushed. So much so that my non picky wife noticed. We also noticed artifacts (like that blocky digital stuff) when action happens or scenes change quickly. Are plasmas just THAT much better? I am comparing a cheapo Maxent to a brand...
I started a post in the plasma forum, and realized that they were all a little too wide for my entertainment console. I only have 50 inches of width. I am looking for a tv with 24p native, so 4:4, 5:5 or whatever. Maybe this is a non issue for lcd tvs but I have no idea. Can I just grab any lcd/led tv with 24p that is 120hz or greater and not worry about non 1:1 pulldowns since 120hz is 5:5 and 240 is 10:10 ? Thanks
It looks to be that way...So correct me if I'm wrong. Any LED/LCD with 24p in a multiple of 24hz should be a 1:1 pulldown and look just fine right? like the Panasonic VIERA TC-L55DT50 55-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D Full HD IPS LED-LCD TV. Since it has 24p it should be running at 10:10 pulldown right? I will check out the other tv's you mentioned. Thanks!
Hey there, I am in the market for a new plasma/lcd tv. I have been reading up and it looks like the vt50 from panasonic is very nice. However it's about 1/2 and inch to wide to fit in my media furniture . I don't care if it's plasma/lcd/led whatever, all I care is that that horrible fast motion look isn't present. I seriously cannot stand going to people's houses and watching their tv's when that is present. I believe I read that its because of "motion interpolation"...
The 1612 is an "upgrade" in terms of the gui and ability to play 5.1 over hdmi. In addition to the newer codecs (trueHD etc..)I turned dynamic EQ off on my 1709. I thought it sounded cleaner. I never upgraded the firmware, but it might have already had an upgraded firmware on it since I bought it well into its lifespan.Is it not possible to make it so my 1612 stops defaulting to dynamic EQ?When you say run all 6 mic positions and then the rest within 2-3'. What if I have...
Hey batpig. Long time no talk! I live in the Houston area, so there is a Fry's near me. Those infinity primus speakers looks very nice. How do they compare to the Energy C-100's I have?Thanks all of you for your input. I will be researching all of your recommendations!
I recently upgraded from a Denon 1709 to a 1612 (thanks to my fellow avsforum members for finding me a sweet deal). I had a couple questions. I noticed I have to turn the volume up much louder then on the 1709, even though they are rated within 5watts of each other in power/channel. Why is this? For some reason, every time I change my input it reverts back to dynamic EQ. I like to keep dynamic EQ and Volume off most of the time. How do I keep this from...
You think this would sound better than one of the pre setup systems? Can I get a sub for
My brother needs (according to me) a 5.1 speaker setup for his media room. I am giving him my Denon 1709, so he is set with that. I know this sounds like a stretch, but I thought if anyone could find something in that price range you guys/gals could. I was thinking this: http://www.amazon.com/Energy-Classic-Theater-System-Black/dp/B001202C44/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354214917&sr=8-1&keywords=energy+speakers I love my energy speakers, mine are a couple notches up from...
Thanks for that. I am trying to decide between the 591 and the 1612. The 591 has the extra component and what look to be easier controls on the front, while the 1612 has the gui overlay and the ipod usb feature.