or Connect

Posts by kousikb

The Hisense tuner is not the greatest tuner.. I have the inbuilt tuner in my TV.. olevia 537h.. which is far far better than the hisense tuner.. and gets more channel than the hisense.. anyway I bought the Hisense purely for recording to my analogue DVD recorder. So no worry...however the hisense HDTV tuner have two great fatures I love.. 1) Signal Strength meter 2) TV program guide About the PBS reception.. they usually use a low power transmitter.. so people living...
A directional UHF antenna would be fine. All the major stations are 20.3 miles from you and at the same direction 24.9-25.9 degree from east. Check www.tvfool.com and enter your address for details. Some of the indoor directional antennas you can try are 1) Philips Silver Sensor 2) Terk HDTVa (amplified version).. there are other versions like HDTVi (non amplified) and HDTVo(outdoor version). I would suggest to use the HDTVa.. because I have got amazing result using...
having the channel change through the universal remote would be too much of automation :-) (Think over it, you have to keep the remote powerd on and get it pointed towards the STB... I guess it'd have been better if I had bought the current crop of recorders with ATSC tuners). I guess I would just keep the STB switched on (which I don't like) to the channel I want to record and and keep the DVD recorder on standby power with peroper scheduling to record from S-Video.
So it doesn't have the scheduler. Although I have a built in tuner in my Olevia which works very good.. with OTA/cable.. I still ordered one of the from the *bay purely for recording purpose to my Sammy DVD-R135. Mine arrived today.. haven't checked out the unit yet (whether retail unit/subscription unit). But am little disappointed that the scheduler is not there.. it'd be nice.. if someone can hack the linux and add the scheduler.. In fact US digital should add the...
DVD-R135 doesn't record onto DVD+R. Try putting in a DVD-R or DVD-RW to see whether its able to format it or not.
Most of the stations are beamed from Empire State Building. Brick Walls in between make it a little difficult. Try the antenna in some other location and preferably at a height, so that you have some space in between the antenna the wall. Antenna placed just beside the wall wouldn't give better results. I stay 26 miles from NY.. I get all the stations.. although I am bit lucky that I have a window which partially overlooks towards ESB. However.. there are lot of trees,...
I also live 27 miles from Empire State Building.. I use an indoor amplified directional antenna.. (Terk HDTVa).. check my screenshot in my sig to get an idea about the setup.. I get 35 digital channels. YMMV
all DVD-player does it.. DO you know any dvd player which doesn't.. if you press CC on the remote it will show up..
If HDMI 1.3 is supported by the player) - 1 HDMI cable for Player to TV - 1 TOSLINK cable from TV to receiver (for multi channel sound from HDTV and DVD player) if not supported, you need one more TOSLINK cable from the player to receiver to enjoy multi-channel sound from DVD, otherwise the TOSLINK from TV to receiver will transport PCM stereo when DVD is being played.
So far, the connection recommendations for majority of the DVD player (even the new Philips 1080p upconversion player) is that HDMI out from DVD goes to TV and TOSLINK/ digital coax goes to receiver. Are there any upconverting player < $100 (even I haven't seen between $100-$200) with HDMI 1.3 support, which supposedly passes the multi channel digital audio as it is and you can connect TOSLINK/digital coax from TV to receiver instead of the TOSLINK of the DVD player to...