or Connect

Posts by Electricide

my BD decided to get stuck in a reboot cycle after watching a dvd for like 15 minutes. I had to pull the plug. there was a firmware update in July, so I did a full reset (hold power button for 10 seconds) and ran the update, we'll see if that helped.
well, I just did his on my 50PZ550. the tv is 2.5 years old. and I had to move a bunch of AV around anyway to RMA a WD MBL.....grrr I did get both manuals from the LG service site before they pulled them. THere was a screw that was not noted in the diagram, so be sure to do a once over before you start pulling the back off. Plugged it in and ran it for 10 minutes, then did he whitewash screen. In accordance with the manual, I checked the VA and VS rails first. For...
why wouldn't you update the firmware? The BD player uses a proprietary samsung dongle for wifi right? Do you have a long lan cable you can run from the player over to your wireless router to test it out with a wired connection? I have my BD player hard-wired, but the max resolution on the samsung netflix app is 720, so I end up watching netflix using the LG tv app anyway.
Hey, my volume LEDs on the 510 came back ever so briefly last week!! For about 5 minutes. I think I'd left the bar on overnight, maybe the joints heated up or something.
just in case you care! New early April firmware update for compatibility with certain titles.
If the video portion was indeed encoded at 230 then that's a flaw in the software. I selected 500 kbps as the output quality. and if I right-click/properties the wmv file, the details show 500kbps as the data rate. Maybe windows media player is just going by the intial lump of data (reflected in that graph).FYI this is the export functionality from the WebEx Recording editor, for editing and converting desktop recordings made with webEx Recorder. There's a kbps drop...
The complexity of the image would only affect file size if you have a VBR setup, right? Now, if the resulting video is unwatchable, I might decide to go back and re-encode at a higher rate (use a different motion factor in the Kush gauge calculations) or change the key frame frequency. Different codecs would manage compressing motion better than others, sure. Here are two network impact graphs for the two different videos during streaming viewing. Video 9 Video 9...
I am converting a screen capture video to wmv. There are two options, Video 9 and Video 9 Screen. now, each resulting wmv video is the same frame size, same fps, and same kbps, but the resulting files are of a vastly different size; the "screen" wmv is like a third of the size. My understanding was that the kbps, multiplied by the duration, gave you total file size, and that the visual quality really depends on how many fps and how much motion you tried to cram into...
ya know, couldn't I just flip the glasses upside down to test that out? the glasses are active shutter, not polarized.
ah, if only that movie were good enough to justify buying it....