or Connect

Posts by Studio2000

I recently dawned on these speakers with very beautiful cabinets currently just listed on Ebay. I can only imagine what these must sound like as the Low Frequency Driver is 18 inches for each speaker. Hello Apollo 13! Also the finish on these speakers look like pieces of furniture. Does anyone have info or experience with these Electro-Voice Klipsch Patrician IV speakers? They are starting at $10,000. Thanks
Sorry to hear about that. Looks like there might be an issue with the PJ or combo. I have yet to see any flickers on bright white scenes over here with 24 setting. Thanks
I have had the HC6800 since December last year. My chain is an OPPO BD 83. I have been viewing this unit on approx 145" screen. Calibrated and Auto Iris on 5. Watching in 24hz since purchase. I have not had any issues with flickering at 24hz since I have owned it. In fact its one of its strengths with the Reon chip. It does a double 24 at 48Hz, which makes it very smooth.. Might want to check settings on player and PJ or make sure the unit is not defective. No problems...
Ooms, if I have the time, I will see what I can come up with. To explain however. I have thrown all kinds of formats on my screen and this Projector intelligently scales it to the 2:35 ratio. For example when I first set this up, I zoomed into the appropriate 2:35 size of my screen and then focussed it. I then locked the actual zoom and focus setting in the menu. On my remote control there is an ASPECT button. So... I always keep it in Auto mode and then when a movie's...
My experience with this feature, has led me to believe that one can maintain an excellent quality Anamorphic Image. CT_WIEBE has given me the settings in November or December last year. My intention for this projector was to have an Anamorphic Screen set up without a lens. The image is extremely large. I have a Wilson Art 1.5 Gain Screen, light controlled room and the Width of this screen is somewhere in the 141 inch range, maybe larger - cant remember exactly. I have...
I think its a great review. Definately a great PJ. The one thing that was not mentioned in detail, that I believe CT_Wiebe emailed this author on, was the inner workings of anamorphic capablity with an Auto mode switching via remote. I have been using this capability non stop and is much easier than the PTAE-4000 offering. For those who wish to watch Cinemascope movies, its as easy as can be. Great Review and pics look great.
CT_Wiebe Since I have this projector I have been shooting it in Auto (Anamorphic mode) per your help. I have been watching all my movies in anamorphic, whether 16:9 or anamorphic on this setting with the Auto setting I see no degredation at all. Its truly a smart system and the Reon-VX does a fantastic job. To me its the best kept secret. With the switch of my remote, I can toggle between 16:9 and Auto Mode.
Same here guys I love this PJ - Truly Problem Free. Have had it since December. Just hit 200 hours on it and cleaned the filters twice. This is the best purchase I have made in a long time. I am still blown away by the image, and this PJ is right above my head and I have been watching this on a 185" anamorphic screen in low lamp mode. I keep it on Auto most of the time for Anapmorphic ratio movies. Watched AVATAR and BARAKA - Simply Fantastic!
I agree, I have been spending alot of time with this unit, and to me the blacks look very good. I have approx 105 hours on mine. I set my projector in low lamp mode with Auto Iris on 5 and to me the blacks are most satisfying. Blacks look very similar to the pics posted and I dont miss anything with regards to shadow detail. I can see as much detail as my eyes will allow in dark scenes and dont feel it to be limiting at all. I also agree with Brian that this unit has many...
CT Wiebe I have been watching movies like crazy This PJ has an amazing image. Yes - The blacks are not as black as can be, but what sets this PJ apart in my opinion is its sharpness and a natural image - To me it does not look like a large plasma on a wall at all. Which is exactly what I wanted. It looks like I am at the movie theatre, not looking at a large Plasma TV. My gain is 1.3 WA. On my system I am not seeing any visual distortion or artifacts. I am...