or Connect

Posts by thornrag

My AVR-354 gives me no audio, no sound in the main zone. I can't get audio from any external source, nor from the internal FM tuner. I get nothing even if I go to Speaker Setup and activate the test tones. If I turn the volume up quite a bit, I can hear some buzzing and occasional clicking from the speakers, so it seems like the amp section is working, and the speakers are certainly connected. It was all working fine until late last week. Oddly enough, Zone 2...
The HD65 lamp has a tendency to flicker. Mine flickered in the corner for the first 1,000 hours or so. An Optoma fan told me it's caused by the arc jumping around on the anode inside the lamp, especially if you switch between the bright and dim modes with any regularity. Each mode causes different pitting on the anode, which causes an uneven surface, which causes the arc to jump very slightly between pits. Setting it to the brightest mode for a few hundred hours seemed...
I just moved one of these... Plan. No need to build a rig, just plan. - Find the handles. They're there. Find them all. - Measure doorframes. - Tape up the cord. - Two strong guys can probably carry the thing around, but you'll want three for the stairs, with two guys supporting the lower end. You can't fit three guys and a TV through a door, so have the third go ahead and be ready to take a corner as the other two start coming down the stairs. But before you...