or Connect

Posts by Joe Bloggs

I voted option 3 - when there are UHD discs (or maybe it should have been 4?). If they were cheap enough and there were UHD broadcasts but no discs I may do too. So it's if they are cheap enough, and if there is enough content (eg. discs, other physical media, broadcasts I can get).
Heartbleed isn't/wasn't a virus. It was a bug (a programming error) that could allow hackers to access part of what was in a computer's memory (which could include user names, passwords, etc.).
Thanks. Could it be that all polls created (or where the thread was created) before a certain date have gone? eg. I just noticed this thread http://www.avsforum.com/t/1139395/3-d-blu-ray-vote-made-simple-which-would-you-prefer which is another poll from 2009, where the poll has gone missing (it says "vote away" and I say how I voted in it). Here's a 3rd poll thread from 2009 http://www.avsforum.com/t/1126477/which-3d-format-should-they-choose-for-blu-ray which I created,...
I created a thread back in 2009 which had a poll attached to it. It definitely had a poll attached to it and people refer to the poll in the thread (which is at http://www.avsforum.com/t/1168185/what-frame-rate-do-you-think-avatar-2-should-be-filmed-at) so why has poll disappeared from the thread (I definitely didn't delete it) - is it something to do with a forum update - and can it not be put back as it was including the results that it had?
You mean have the natural, realistic motion as captured by a high quality camera for soap operas that have more accurate/realistic motion with much less strobing but captured in a progressive scan format at higher resolution and higher quality, without strobing or blur . Yes I can see why they might want that. Also, how many 60 fps films have they noticed this effect on or are you just saying that all 720p60 sport looks like a soap opera? You can't include TV interpolation...
I think HFR production is the way it should be done (eg. 48 or 60 or more). With frame interpolation on highlights I think it look odd with the highlights were moving twice as often as the rest of the video - and half the time being in a different position than the rest of the things they were part of.
Don't they often use a ruler/tape measure to make sure it's in focus for film shoots?
Yes I misread that. Though it's still true that the Dolby system of using (much) increased brightness with 24 fps content increases perceived strobing/judder (which the BBC commented on when they viewed the Dolby Demo).
Increasing the peak luminance is going to make the strobing more obvious from 24 fps content. So they need content >24 fps that if they don't want to make strobing of displays look worse if they're using much brighter luma values.
Except for the higher number subpixels, and won't there be a diffuser in front of the 1080p display that tries to blur the sub-pixels together a bit (and maybe even pixels a bit)? Wouldn't that also cause a slight difference between the same content on the 2 types of TVs (since, if so, there'd be less diffusion over the pixels on the 2160p TV of the same size, since the pixels are smaller)?