or Connect

Posts by finetuned

yeah someone at satelliteguys said they stopped OTA a year ago. Sucks cause the channel has good programming that would look great in HD.
Does anyone know if Universal Sports is available in high definition with any service providers? I been searching around but can't find anyone who gets it in HD. I was reading this article and it says there is a free preview going on with Directv, but it says they only have the channel in SD. But, when I look at the Wikipedia page for Universal Sports (owned by NBC) it says they do broadcast in HD (1080i). So who gets it in HD? I also tried getting it in HD over-the-air...
New titles released this week: Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy] (Universal’s 100th Anniversary) Atonement [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy] (Universal’s 100th Anniversary) Airport (Universal’s 100th Anniversary) Scarface [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy] (Universal’s 100th Anniversary) Out of Africa [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy] (Universal’s 100th Anniversary) Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy] (Universal’s...
I don't know if any one cares but Cameron's Avatar will finally get a 3D release on Blu-ray for anyone to buy. Previously, the 3d version was only available in special Panasonic 3d offers. Here's the news source.
I got an email to tryout Hulu Plus for $9.99 a month. Gonna sign up just to see what they offer. Anyone else tried it yet?
dude of course it looks blurry - its 3D!
Dude LOTR Trilogy? Really? They are only releasing the theatrical version first right? I bought both DVD theatrical and extended. I wont do it again for Bluray
Wizard of Oz, Aliens, or Star Wars it is not. It will be a cool film but not at the caliber of classic films like the above. Although, you can definitely appreciate the production value.. The early Blu-ray release pisses me off though. Read this article clip: "In order to provide the ultimate Blu-ray (and DVD) viewing experience, the Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment release will be sold without special features, menu options, trailers, studio promotional material,...
I would think the STB could switch according to format? Or am I just asking too much of it? If setting one or the other is the answer I'll have a hard time deciding which format to leave it at.
Both sources are connected via HDMI. I never changed the settings but will look into and get back.