or Connect

Posts by MSDOS

AUDIO VOICE RECORDER What are some older pro quality good value digital recorders? What I'm after is this: 1. Willing to buy an older but pro model which has the best codec. I suppose the best codec is mp3 (right?) 2. It needs to be small enough to put into a pocket. 3. If it has a remote mic input that is a bonus I'd like to have 3A. - A line imput might be useful too .. 4. Takes rechargeable batteries or has them - nimh or lithium only 4A....
I always suggest people slow down and look around before buying. Since what you're asking for is new technology it's going to be changing a lot. Where to get an education - The Chinese websites will have many products for sale that you might never see here in the USA until someone imports them. with that said it doesn't mean you can't learn by reading about them. To find Chinese sites go to Ebay and simply look for mp4 players or some of the new...
I had Sat radio for nearly 2 years. From the beginning I was so very irritated by 'commercials'.* I finally gave it up and moved to Winamp and now listen to virtualy 10x the amount of programming for free. Many sites have less commercial activity than the Sat did. Some go blank during commercials which suits me fine. At least if I record and set the squelch I won't get a recording of commercials during the silence. * Commercials were hidden because the...
Cool. Just saw the popup section that shows similar posts. What a nice feature. I've been gone for a while. Oh. Well here goes. If I'm in the wrong forum please just let me know where to go. No where did I find audio only recording. -- PreScript- I get the B&H catalog. If you want to reference something in there that might be useful for readers who get it or go to their site. Begin post Dictaphone - Portable voice recorder - small size need advice for best...
Many sites with various video clips Any for sure common way to capture them using VLC ? What else to use? I'd like to first capture short bits of .avi files that I have. I didn't make them so I'm not familiar with any software except a bit of VLC which I've used to play them. But I've poked around VLC and am aware that it can make video files. I don't know more than that about VLC. I really would like to be able to capture the video and audio for at least 10...
I've seen or imagines speakers that your laptop SITS upon. They would be larger potentially if you wanted, they would be physically more stable as the weight would be down low. And you would get more bass if you wanted because the area could be larger due to the larger space avaiable under the laptop and also as tall as you desired. I should think that with some ingenuity you could make a very beaustiful oak or walnut or cherry speaker / laptop carry case. ...
I was and , for a small business, still am a product designer and manager for , non audio, products. But electronic products are all the same in many ways. I work with laboratory electronic instrumentation which analyzes tissue samples. The idea here is a couple of things. When a company makes a product sometimes the parts they choose are dependant on several things but quality is usually low on the list. 1. It might be a product , the chips, that the...
I'm a little lost. I want this to post under software for standard def video. Where is that area? Sorry but if you'll tell me 1x I'll get it. Here's my post re: VLC and wanting to learn a video's aspect ratio , or fix it, or something it. The Program I'm using is VLC . The aspect shows, using Ctl J, as 480 x 640 which , I'm sure, is reversed. Someone coded it wrong I think. What can I do about it? It's a nice 40 minute file which is too bad...
Forgive me if I sound .. whatever. Why would anyone of you buy a box that gives you only TV quality output when for a few more $$ you can get something that plugged into any computer monitor would give you HDTV quality? I'm new to HDTV and so maybe I'm missing something. If so please enlighten me. Friends are asking my advice and well. I 'd hate to give them bad advice, right? Thanks. and this IS the best forum around. A.
EDIT: The Code appears to be 019 for the 26" Digital Lifestyles HDTV 26" using the RCA - RCU-404 (no suffix) remote ======== Mute Works The 'previous channel' button shows 'station information' It's a transparent info screen that i've never seen. Shows the channel , program name, size of screen, .. and a time slot I don't understand. eg it says 9pm - 11 pm That's about it. No more to tell. I'll check back to answer...