or Connect

Posts by adk highlander

The MX-780 is RF and IR. The R40 is IR only. Sorry if I was not clear.
They are not the same at all. It is not just the ability to program with a PC. The software allows much greater customization in programming as well as graphics. Also the MX-780 can be used with a wide variety of base stations for more of a whole house type of control instead of just one room. If you are using it in one room with IR then the R40 is a fine remote and yes it is IR only.
There is a know glitch with non integer variables that has come up lately. This may have something to do with your situation. It has been a know issue on the 890 and 980 and may also be an issue with the 1200.
I believe the Oppo BR-83 Blu-ray players are the same way. They sell a cable through there store which I believe should work. http://oppodigital.com/proddetail.asp?prod=IRAC
In my experience there is no such thing as any kind of universal rack ears. Each piece of gear will have different construction and do not have any kind of standard mounting holes on the side. That and the physical case may not have been designed to hold the weight of itself. A product needs to be designed to be rack mountable and have the threaded holes in the case. Also many products are not a standard U height. which would make lining up the mount and the rack holes...
Has anyone else seen the new product line from Staples? http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/marketing/staples-connect/ http://www.electronichouse.com/article/staples_connect_aims_to_make_home_automation_easy It looks very appealing. $99 for the base station is way below all the other systems I have seen. On top of that all you need is compatible products (dimmers, cameras, locks, outlets, blinds) all from major manufacturers and all the programming is done through the...
URC offers a line of Lutron dimmers and switches that work seamlessly with their remote controls. For the remote's themselves I would look at the MX-780 or MX-890 ($250-$500) but make sure to go with an authorized dealer for warranty and to obtain the software (surfremote). A standard RF base station like the MRF-350 will convert the RF signal to IR and the gear via flashers. If you want more control (video sensors, voltage sensors, triggers, RS-232) then go with the...
I can answer #1 but will have to check #2 when I get home.Yes the unit does have a slight buzz. Back around 100 pages one member gave an indication it was to do with a heat shield around the power supply resonating. My first one buzzed quite loudly so I had my dealer exchange it thinking it was out of line and we could not hear it in the store with the floor model. The second one buzzes as well but is quieter. I think we just could not hear it in the store with ambient...
Agree with all above. I would recommend surf remote. This way you are guaranteed to get the software and full warranty. There are separate manuals for each model remote and base station that come with the software to get you started. This is not wizard based programming sao you will have to create you own activities and macros. You will have to go through a bit of trial and error but once you understand the methodology a setup like that is not to complex.
I have been using the RS-232 control of DirecTV receivers for several years using URC (CCP) products. I recently upgraded to the Genie system and found that the client boxes do not respond to RS-232 commands via the USB port where all the other boxes (including the main Genie DVR (HR-44) have been bullet proof. I had to use Standard HD boxes instead of the client boxes and everything worked without having to change or update any programming. I have heard Crestron...