or Connect

Posts by verti89

When I had my house built, I had them run speaker wires to 6 different locations throughout the house and source them in my media closet upstairs. I am trying to now create a shopping list for exactly what equipment I need to get to meet my needs. Goals: - Separate volume controls for each room, preferably remotely - Ability to control source remotely is preferable - No need to be able to play 6 different thing in the 6 different rooms, 1 source at a time is fine -...
Sorry for the delay as I have been quite busy. Once I started having issues I stopped even bothering with an HDMI on either side and just tried to establish a link via the 2 boxes with a single ethernet cable. I am planning to pursue it with monoprice though because at this point what I am seeing leads me to believe the units are faulty.
Any ideas??
Ok so I have fooled around with this some more and done some more reading and I just can NOT figure out what is going on. I tested the units point to point with several different prefab cables and tried using one different power source for the sender box. The results were all over the place. Sometimes the link button flashed, sometimes (rarely) I could get it to stay on, sometimes it didn't come on at all. The few times I could get it to stay linked, I would see if I could...
In my media room i have a closet with all my components in it and initially tried using these to get the video to my projector. These worked but it was very moody and after doing some reading I decided to bite the bullet and get these. This resulted in a much more stable situation and my DirecTV and Xbox signal worked just fine, but my BluRay player just cannot hold a signal. Initially it was blinking every few seconds (as in whole picture gone for 2 seconds then back) so...
What I have: - Cat 6 wiring throughout the house, 6 lines to each location, 6 locations overall, all initiating in media closet - Dedicated media room with an Epson PowerLite 5010 - Max of 4 additional TV locations Goals: - All media in single location, accessible at all viewing locations - Media to include DVD/BluRay/HD DVD rips, OTA Channels, Netflix/Hulu content - Simple Navigation once configured (I am pretty tech savvy, my wife... can cook like a boss) - I am NOT...
We had the house prewired with Cat6, and if i had to guess I would say this particular run is 30'. And to clarify, the baluns have worked, just very inconsistently for anything other than xbox games. And yes the Bluray straight to projector works fine. I am going to try various mixes of HDMI and Cat5/6 wires this weekend. More to come.
Yea it seems the HDCP might be part of the problem. Now the XBOX won't let me play movies or Netflix, citing an HDCP error. Does the Network cable being used make a difference for HDCP? I switched from the Cat5's I was using to get from Balen to wall to Cat6 thinking that couldn't hurt.
I am using the HDMI over Cat5/6 Baluns from Monoprice to get HDMI signal from my media closet to my projector. It works like a charm for my xbox. However, when i use the exact same wired and baluns to connect my blu-ray, it will show the BluRay splash screen, but as soon as it tries to go to the player menu or the movie itself, I lose the picture. Every once in a while (maybe 1 in 10) i can get a menu to display, but as soon as i click play, i lose picture. I know it isnt...
I am in the process of building my screen for my media room. The room is dedicated and completely light controlled. The walls and ceiling are painted matte black, and the carpet and furniture is black. The only things NOT black in my entire room are my projector and me. The projector is an Epson PowerLite 5010, which does 2400 Lumens. My screen is going to be 133.5" diagonal (16:9 format), which measures 65.5" x 116.5", and the screen will be a fixed frame. Last night i...