or Connect

Posts by Lylelljr

I just received a 2x4 Minidsp and UMIK mic and I am working on integrating it with my XV-15 duals. I have been working hard to remove a 60 hz null in my room with small sub position and seating position changes and it looks like I am finally on to a workable curve. I hope to have some graphs to post this weekend.
So today I decided to get off my duff and finally get REW all set up. I have an analogue Radio Shack meter that I used with the correction file and everything seemed to work ok. Anyways, some of the comments here thought I might have had a dip that Audyssey was trying to boost. Turns out that hypothesis was correct. I ended up, after trying many different location combinations, colocating my XV15 in the front left corner of my room, which I knew from previous testing...
To answer your direct question, yes turning Audyssey off made my subs stop bottoming out. I tested Dynamic EQ to see if it was the cause and it made no difference when it was on or off.Here's what I stumbled upon last night with a little more testing:Tonight I confirmed that if I run Audyssey with both subs engaged I get the bloated bass that bottoms out my subs during select passages. I tried running Audyssey with only 1 sub engaged, turned the other sub on afterward and...
Fair point, I just got the terms mixed up. Original post is fixed, thanks.Edit:I did a little testing tonight and confirmed that if I run Audyssey with both subs engaged I get the bloated bass that bottoms out my subs during select passages. I tried running Audyssey with only 1 sub engaged, turned the other sub on afterward and adjusted the level trim by -3, and now everything sounds great. Deep, thunderous bass with no horrible rattling sound. So obviously something...
-1 dB is with a +3 bump - I knew I left out some minute detail.And as for the gain position on the subs, there has been a good deal of discussion about this on the PSA thread. Their gain works a little different than most subs. I've got 2 subs, equidistant from my main seats in a 3,000 cubic foot room, and my main listening positions are about 14 feet from the subs.I just remembered one more oddity that I came across while talking to Tom. After Audyssey calibration, my...
I wanted to post about an issue I found with my receiver today and see what you all think. Here's some background: Denon 2312 receiver (MultiEQ XT) 2 x PSA XV15 Standard bass management receiver settings (80 Hz speaker crossover, 120 Hz low pass, speakers set to Small, Subwoofer level is at -1) Sub gain is at 12:00, crossover disabled, phase at 0 on both. Here's the issue. I've had the subs since October, but only recently started hitting them hard with the movies. I...
My XV15 duals are essentially level with my mains with the knob exactly at 12:00. I run them +3 db hot on the receiver, but they sound fantastic when called upon.
The FV15HP competes with the Ultra, you can check the numbers on data-bass.com. I'd consider it a better buy than the PB 12 Plus.
http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/speakers/subwoofers/xv-15-subwoofer $800 delivered. Buy one (or two) and don't look back.
Josh's review confirms what I already knew about my dual XV15 and validates the risk I took a few months ago. It's a great product at the price point. I don't have any EQ yet (xmas ) but I'm fortunate to get solid +/- 5 response from 80 to 16 hz at my MLP. The design with room gain expected to bring up the low end will vary greatly from room to room, but it works perfectly in my room. One more thing, Tom. The fact that your products are sourced and built in the USA...