or Connect

Posts by birdliver

HI, I'm going o try again here, still need some advice, thanks birdliver Member Join Date: Jun 2007 Posts: 59 ???s re:replacement of my 151 panel -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi All, I need some advice. My Pio PRO-151FD (early SN HEPM000257UC) started intermittantly showing a black rectangle (10.5w x 15.5h) in the lower right section of the screen in early June, shortly before (thankyou, thankyou!)...
Hi All, I need some advice. My Pio PRO-151FD (early SN HEPM000257UC) started intermittantly showing a black rectangle (10.5w x 15.5h) in the lower right section of the screen in early June, shortly before (thankyou, thankyou!) the warranty ran out. After several attempts at correcting the problem, Pio customer service has decided to replace the entire panel. They feel that an address board is faulty (?) and as it's fused to the panel, the entire panel must now be...
Hi All, Can someone explain the best way to hook up a separate phono stage to my SC885? I have been given a Sutherland PH3D phono stage and would like to hook up a turntable through it and my 885 to listen to LPs, hoping it will be an improvement over the internal phono input. Thanks for any help. Cheers, -bird
Shining the light at the white ceiling will only distract the viewer and overwhelm the panel. My off-white back wall, is not "painted 18% gray", whatever that means. What I suggested in my earlier post was, that using a photographer's gray card is simply an aid. It's a way to reference average daylight and refers to the fact that it is neutral gray and is designed to reflect 18% of the light that hits it. It can be helpful in determing that the bias backlighting is...
I painted the walls behind my tvs off-white on the gray side. I used a photographer's standard 18% gray card (it reflects 18% of the light that hits it) as a neutral gray reference but I went a bit lighter with the paint. It really is quite consistant with the light generated by the panel for the most part.
I'm using an "Under Cabinet" 18 inch Fluorescent fixture from Portfolio (item # 240193) and a G. E. 18 inch daylight F15 bulb that's 6500k. They cost under $10. each at Lowes. I use a little duct tape to shade the light and place it so that it gives off an even backlighting. No big deal and it works perfectly with both my 151 and the Panny 850 in my bedroom. Big improvement! I'm sure there's something similar at Home Depot. Good Luck -bird
Not at all. For the next couple of days try calling the store at (1-800-789-5050 or direct-914-723-3344 instead of e-mailing. It will most likely be more productive than sending e-mails to Robert who, as has been reported, is away at CEDIA. I called and spoke to staff at the store twice in the last two days on different issues and also got a call back from Wendy who checked into something for me, so there's no problem using the phone. During that time I also received my 05...
Is there any way you could put it all on a zero percent (for up to a couple of years) credit card. I get a lot of offers for them these days. You could then stretch out your payments or make them really small with a solid down payment up front or pay it all off in five months when your in a better position. That way you could have both the video and the audio right from the beginning and not lay out any $$$ for interest. Just a thought.
Thankyou sir! You are the best. I really appreciate your willingness to help out a few stragglers with this. I would be lost without these settings, trying to figure out how to get true grayscale and D65. I'll report on how it looks. Very happy camper here!
I hope it works out as well. No one sweated out getting a buzzer more than me and no one appreciates more the fact that mine is silent.(Pro-151) I feel for anyone who has buzzing or dead pixels from what is alleged to be the best equipment in the business. These problems have conditioned me to be satisfied with a panel that is of the "plus green" variety which although eminently correctable, needs calibration (read more $$$) just to get it to the condition it should have...