or Connect

Posts by whippersnapper

Yes, it most definitely is. That's why I bought the 103. My family has been enjoying it immensely.
I don't want to discourage you from asking questions on this 103 OWNERS thread, but why are you so bitter about the OPPO 103 and OPPO in general? I've had mine for several weeks and it's very clearly an OUTSTANDING piece of well designed electronics. My family members are "tickled pink" with this Blu-ray player. And the knowledgeable experts on this thread have been very responsive to our questions--they've helped me get the very best of our OPPO103. Are you as bitter...
I thought the same with my Verizon FiOS set top box. The "regular" menu only allowed me to select one of those choices (for the capacity of your TV display) and the set top box would have its output at that level (only up to 1080i). Some knowledgeable members here told me about the "hidden menu" that could be accessed on the FiOS set top box to have it output at "native" resolution. I've done that and have that native output run through the 103 which does a high quality...
Since I've lost track of my childhood secret decoder ring, I had to do a significant amount of internet searching until I found out how to get my Verizon FiOS set top box to send output in "native" format. Gee, who knew that the Verizon boxes had "hidden menus" (not I). Anyhow, now I have the set top sending out untouched "native" content. Can't wait until tomorrow when my 103 gets here and I can set it up to feed my plasma cable content cleanly upconverted to wonderful...
Thanks, very good information. I'll be following your recommendations.
Bob, I have a new BDP-103 that I've ordered and will be setting up later this week. We have Verizon FiOS that we watch on a Pioneer Kuro plasma. Of course the "high def" that Verizon sends out from the set top box is 1080i. I've been reviewing this BD-103 Owner's thread and have seen several recommendations to run cable through the 103 in order to have it upgraded to 1080P before being sent to the plasma display. I initially didn't think I'd explore that possibility...
Still, thanks. I've just skimmed through it a bit, but this appears to be a great thread. I'll have to work my way through it as time and other priorities allow.
mhdiab, Thanks much!! Who would have thunk it? I switched from component/coax connection between the set-top box and the SC-07 and replaced that with HDMI from the STB to the SC (but this time to the HDMI3 in).. and magically we now have Fios viewing/listening. So my wife will be able to see her show tonight and there will be peace in the family. I'll look at doing a receiver reset later since I definitely don't want to lose Fios tonight. Thanks again; I wouldn't have...
Help I'm a home theater NOOBY and am on my first real home theater set-up. After several years of saving and some serious shopping for bargains I got what I wanted. Several days ago I set up my equipment which consists of: SC-07 for the receiver PRO-111FD for the monitor/display (connected to the SC-07 with HDMI) BDP-51FD for the Blu-ray Player (connected to SC-07 with HDMI) Polk Audio speakers, and Verizon Fios QIP6200-2 as my set-top box terminal (initially connected...
Ask Toshiba. On second thought, wait a bit since they currently appear to be in denial.