or Connect

Posts by emu

So I mounted the TV over the weekend. I've attached some pics showing what it looks like. I'm overall very happy with the peerless mount, despite my concerns about the brackets and how they mount to the TV it does seem incredibly solid and I'm quite happy with the distance from the wall and overall look. The install is not finished yet, have to route power and cables, install a component shelf etc. but thought I'd post my impressions of the Peerless mount. It makes me feel...
I'm not worried about IR from gaming on my ST50. I've had a Samsung Plasma PN63D550 for 3 years now and done loads of gaming on it without any concerns. Every now and then I would run the scrolling bars, but just watching a blu ray or DVD would address any IR as well. Not sure if the ST50 suffers from IR the same or worse than my Sammy, but I suspect not. I did drop the cell lighting etc. on the Sammy as soon as I got it, so that helped.I've run the d-nice calibration...
Thanks. I've been thinking the same thing. I experimented with it attached like that and it certainly seems solid. I had two good sized washers on each bolt anyway because I felt they were a little long based on the specs in the ST50's manual.We tried calling Peerless today to ask their advice but they are closed for the 4th of July period.I suppose I could mount it that way and if I find it does slip at some point I could pick up a couple of pieces of angle iron (without...
I'm mounting my 65ST50 using a Peerless SF680 wall mount and noticed that the brackets that attach to the TV can only be completely hidden if both screws that attach the bracket to the TV are in the long large holes rather than one being in the smaller holes at the top. I worry that if attached like this the only thing holding the TV in position vertically is the friction/pressure from the screws against the brackets. My other Plasma circa 2009, a Sammy, had holes closer...
So I'm working on mounting the TV tonight. I'm a little worried about the brackets and attaching them to the ST50. If I use one of the small holes towards the top of the bracket then the bottom of the bracket can be seen when looking at the TV from the front. The only way to completely hide the brackets is to put both screws in the looooong holes where the only thing holding the TV in place vertically is the pressure/friction from the screw. I'm thinking this is how I...
Wouldn't have thought so, but got paranoid since I pretty much just jumped straight into the D-nice slides, I didn't do a great deal of research on them assuming he had all the settings included in his post on that errr.. "other" forum. Thanks.
I have the same border of pixels.But something has me worried, you mentioned deactivating the pixel orbiter, D-Nice's instructions didn't mention that. I just went and turned it off, just in case, but the slides have been running for days now. Would the pixel orbiter have much impact with a static, uniform image like those in D-nice's slides?
Pulled the trigger on a 65ST50 last Sunday night, arrived from Amazon on Thursday (a day late for which Amazon very nicely compensated us - got to love Amazon!). It's great to finally have ordered a new TV, I've been considering a replacement for months, was going to go for an ST30, maybe a Sammy, but when I saw the recent price drop on the ST50, it was too good to refuse. What an awesome TV, well, it's huge and thin, I can't speak to the picture quality really since I...
Just wanted to let everyone know that I ended up ordering the Peerless non-tilt model. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ETCD0W/ref=oh_details_o00_s01_i00 It arrived today. I'll post my impression and potentially some pictures when I get it installed later this week.
Yeah, the Peerless mount is the only one I've seen that spans three studs, but there may be others. It was the mount recommended by many in this forum a few years ago when I was mounting a Samsung Plasma (63"). It is heavier than the ST50 though. It amazes me that the newer Plasmas are so light, 83 lb without the base is impressive! Regardless, I prefer to over engineer solutions like this. The consequences of the TV falling are not just monetary but if it fell on my...