or Connect

Posts by LarryInRI

scirica, Hint: You cannot attach mov files to posts in this forum but you can attach zip files. Larry
I have no idea. Why not ask Tom and give this thread back to owners that are wowed by the picture streamed in relatively low quality directly to the TV. Larry
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1517849/a-comparison-of-3dlut-solutions-for-the-eecolor-box/90#post_24382937
Sorry, Buzz, but the last plane I flew was a brand new Cessna 172. Larry
Buzz,The 100% Gamma control always adjusts the 95% gamma point. There is no such thing as a gamma control for 100% -- mathematically that is. Larry
And I don't recall when reading Chad's instructions that he used the bluer color temperature to get a higher output.Larry
IIRC that window is about 18%. Try the smaller window on the 709 disk or use one of the other free disks available in the calibration forum. They have smaller windows. Something about 5 to 7% is what most of us use these days although 10% is still pretty common.Larry
What size windows are you using to measure output? The value will vary depending on the size.Larry
You would see the same. That is if the LCD set is showing the picture properly.But you are asking the wrong person. I have owned 10 HD TVs and all have been plasmas; one 2006 Panasonic, two 2007 Panasonics, two 2008 Panasonics, two 2009 Panasonics, one 2011 Samsung, and two 2013 Panasonics. LCD TV panels and my eyes are not compatible. Larry
rperetz, Thanks for the pics. They truly show the strobe lights in action. Look at the shadows and reflections. You can actually extrapolate and determine where the strobe is. Look at the feet of the person standing below the 'Xfinity' banner behind the basket. See the shadow when the strobe is on? Look at the photographer sitting near the 'TD' painted on the floor. See the shadow when the strobe is on? Look at the area on the floor itself at the bottom right of the...