or Connect

Posts by VinnyS

It definetely should be interesting to see what Apple does. As far as business practice goes, in my opinion, it would be the smarter choice for manufacturers to license Play-Fi as it can reach out to a much larger audience.
I found a product that will support Play-Fi besides the Phorus speaker... Check them out HERE
Do you own an Android device, PC or an iOS device and enjoy listening to music? If so, you're gonna wanna check this out. There has been an increasing demand for wireless multi-room audio. This is mainly due to the increasing number of smartphones and tablets streaming a multitude of music services. Streaming wirelessly faces great challenges, such as range, quality and expandability…until now. About a year ago, DTS released a wireless platform called Play-Fi for Android...
Curved seems to be the new Black, everyone is doing it. Projection wise, I even see people using a curved 16:9 projection system without a a-lens. IMAX screens are slightly curved and according to them, it provides for a more immerse experience. I can see where the trend is coming from, but for a TV? I don't know...
You bring up a good point Dan. I don't think this projector will get the laser alignment treatment, even though as you mentioned, in 2013....they should. In any case, all projectors do need some form of calibration.
It's always interesting to see how many people would like to start building a home theater, but then get stopped in their tracks by the prices of the equipment involved. I must admit it can be challenging, but I strongly believe there is always a solution for any budget. So I am pleased to announce that Epson has released an entry-level home-theater projector that packs a lot for its reasonably small price. Epson is calling it the Home Cinema 2030, a compact and...
I found this on youtube...pretty neat.
With the huge wave of tablets and smartphones hitting a decade into the millennium, consumer-electronics manufacturers are constantly trying to find new and better ways of integrating mobile devices with every piece of electronics out there. One example is AV receiver manufacturers offering control apps for smartphones and tablets. One company in particular is putting a lot of emphasis on this in their products—Indy Audio Lab's Acurus brand.The made-in-USA manufacturer...
I've looked into this as you pointed it out early in the thread and that is too bad about the undecided aspect ratios. It's too bad that there are so many out there. I could understand the artistic stand point, unfortunately there's no real way to view them unless you have a Panny to switch from one to another very quickly. Even at that it is cumbersome. As far as I know, the spec so far show 2.39, so I'm guessing it will be switching between the wide screen to Imax (like...
I haven't watched it yet with her. She knows I have it, will have to sneak in the new edition. I like the extended version on the DVD.