or Connect

Posts by VinnyS

LOL...
Star Trek: Into Darkness We start off with one of the most anticipated movies of 2013. This film rocked the theaters, and some moviegoers may have been lucky enough to see it in a Dolby Atmos presentation. Star Trek: Into Darkness is set to be released on Blu-ray September 10, 2013 in a combo Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy and 3D. The audio sound track will be 7.1 Dolby TrueHD. The movie and score were originally mixed in Dolby Atmos, but unfortunately for home viewers, we...
Very nice collection. I love the way everything is neat and catalogued
I have to agree that the MiCasaVerde products are a much better alternative then the GE remote. I was simply trying display what is available on the market.
As replayrob said, AND/or, you can always pick up a GE Remote Controller. It's a Z-wave remote and controller. You would have to enroll the dimmer within the remote. A big misconception is that you can enroll Z-Wave devices within multiple controllers, that is false. So, you either pick up a Veralite or the ones mentioned above, Honeywell Tuxedo Touchpad or a Z-Wave handheld remote (GE, Leviton and maybe others) that exist on the market.
Your right, HEVC or H.265 has been in works for some time now, but I simply do not believe in the claims they are currently making with the current bitrate. They are claiming they can stream 4K video at 10Mb when H264 Bu-ray is 20-30Mb. I guess seeing is believing and we'll have to see it for ourselves in the future. Second point is that we don't even get 1080p at this moment with out cable providers, only a select few offer it such as DirectTV and some others I may not be...
Your right no one wants a console war again.I have to disagree with you that the Kinect is dumb though. There many different gamers. In fact, my girlfriend has become more of a gamer than me. While I'm on the PS3 playing BF3, she's playing games with the Kinect. I have to admit that playing Forza without a controller is pretty darn cool. I don't know if I can play a whole night without a controller, it becomes way to awkward. It is indeed really neat to be able to control...
+1, Agreed. I don't quite understand this myself. A codec for 4K material still hasn't even been established yet.
I hear ya. It would be cool. But then again, the whole point of getting a Mac is to stay away from MS Windows as it's a magnet for problems. I'm sure one can build a similar system for much less in a PC world. But I do agree with you that with iTunes and all of the downloads I've built up over the years, it would be cool. If Apple was smart, they would get into distributing 4K content, a little like the Sony 4K media player. If iTunes was offering 4K content through...
I love Macs, but I think it would be waste to own a machine like this to use as an HTPC. This machine was built for photographers and videographers working some heavy duty material. Although no price was given, I'm sure this beast is going to cost a pretty penny. If I had the money, I would get it. Not sure it I would use it as an HTPC though.