or Connect

Posts by VinnyS

Very good question, and I contacted Airflex5D to find that out. Here's what they responded:"Without the assistance of a stacking processor, it is virtually impossible to precisely align two or more projectors pixel by pixel into one single display. Numerous factors from variable lens placement to specific pixel misalignment will create a blurry image with shadows and ghosting that is unpleasant and may even cause physical disorientation and discomfort to the viewer."
Thanks buddy, will try that tonight when I get home
Thanks for the info.I think what I'm worried about is the fact that the fan noise is abnormal. I swear hooking it up the first time and it being almost silent (as many have mentioned on this thread). I actually played around with it yesterday and it is louder than I remember. I just hope as you mentioned, I didn't get any dust in there past the dust filter to screw something up. If that's how it sounds, I live with it, but if it's not normal, than it will bother the crap...
I'm using a Triplett DB Meter (not the greatest one in the world but better than the iPhone ones). Link Below...http://triplett.com/products/specialty-testers/detail/7-specialty-testers/flypage/118-sonichek-mc?sef=hcfpFrom seating position I measure roughly 35-40db's. I have all my gear in a dedicated room in a sound proof room. I don't hear a peep from my gear room. I literally only have me and the projector in the room. I wish I had an HVAC System but I don't
I knew you would say that..lol The first thing I did when I got home tonight was vacuum the filter, but no dice. That fan exactly where the filter is, is really loud...It doesn;t heat up either, been checking it every so often in the service menu :S Anything else you guys can think of? I don't want to send it in for repair if there's nothing wrong with it. Everything works, the only thing is the fan is bothering me...
Hey Guys, I bought an AE4000 about two years ago, managed to use it for about 3 months and then kept in the office while I renovated my theater for about a year. Now I go to install it and the fan noise seems to be louder than I remember it. I measured it with my dB meter and I'm averaging about 45db's in ECO Mode. Is this normal? I went into the service menu and checked out the stats, everything seems to be fine except for the fact that my Lamp OK is in RED. I only have...
This was not meant to be in the $3000+ section. Airflex5D was designed to compete with the higher end models and offer an alternative solution to those who can't afford a 6000$ high output projector. With one of these processors and 2 entry-level PJ's, you can stack and double your lumens output. Now depending on the projector you use, yes it can go beyond 3K$ or it can go below. They have different processors depending on what you want to do, 3D included. For simple...
Hey Guys, Saw this at CEDIA. It's not yet released but definitely worth checking out. For all those wanting to project big but having issues with brightness, this could be a great solution. This processor also allows for Passive 3D viewing and your choice of glasses. This also can help or add de-warping issues with curved screens. Or for all those wishing to have curved screens using a 16:9 screen, you can using the processor. These are pretty much all the main features...
Thanks for the help anyways.... I will call my provider. I have another cable box hooked up in my rack without any issues, only the other one when disconnected resolves the issue. So I will definitely call them. Thanks Bud
I FOUND THE CULPRIT.... My father-in-law came over and showed him my progress and told him about the buzzing sound. He told me to go unplug my cable from the set-top box and sure enough, the hum/buzz was completely gone. I'm guessing the splitter needs to be grounded? I have to play around with it sometime tonight. So there you have it. It was as simple as that. Thanks guys for all your help.