or Connect

Posts by VinnyS

The alarm panel is definitely not necessary in order to use z-wae. I apologize if that is what most understood. The Tuxedo keypad (shown above) can be used standalone without an alarm pane. But again, I strongly recommend one for anyone who has a lot of gear. The alarm panel I suggested does NOT transmit in Z-wave, but it does integrate with the Tuxedo keypad. The picture shown above is another alarm panel by Honeywell which happens to be wireless for those who can't wire...
Sorry guys, I forgot to add both Denon and Marantz's new model AVRs. Will add those shortly. Sorry for that.
True that, but in reality, many of them share the same maker such as Onkyo/Integra, Denon/Marantz. But your absolutely right, it's crazy how many choices we have to choose from and the amount of research one must do. I will try and do another one like this for the next batch of receivers. I think it helps a lot of people and gives a quick glimpse into very brand.
Thanks for that John. There were alot of new releases and completely forgot about that one.
I don't know about you, but I have invested a lot of money in my dedicated home theater and devoted a lot of time to the build. I am currently very content with all the equipment I own and do not wish to upgrade right now; I simply want to enjoy my theater with my family. But with all that investment of time and money, I am very wary about whom I invite over and even more about whom I decide to show my rack filled with thousands of dollars of AV equipment. It's well...
Every year around the time spring turns to summer, manufacturers release their next generation of AVRs. Most enthusiasts can't wait to hear what new features and changes to expect in the new line-ups. And of course, there's price. May happened to be a busy month, with many big-name manufacturers releasing new models. Because of the number of AVRs released, I thought I would consolidate them all in one thread to facilitate your browsing experience. Hopefully, this...
Good call csbrennan, not looking forward to mosquitoes. I actually put on a movie on Sunday outside and I got bit by a few already.
Wow, that is awesome. Thanks for sharing the pics Matt.
Yes it has actually, but it's being remastered finally. There are some great scenes in there which I absolutely love, especially in Europe. This remaster will hopefully live things up.
Yup, and trust me, we are hawks when it comes to 4K Blu-ray discs. I personally check a few times a week. I can't wait to see what the future will hold. In the meantime, you can check this one out http://www.avsforum.com/t/1471040/bda-to-determine-if-4k-blu-ray-is-feasible