or Connect

Posts by EGOvoruhk

I don't know about AMD, but 3D gaming works fine for Nvidia on the 40EX720, you just need to pay for a 3DTV Play license from Nvidia
Sadly it doesn't go to sleep when there's no HDMI signal, or the cable is unplugged It's completely brandless. I'll have to open the back panel when I get a chance to see if there's any panel informationBut my current receiver doesn't seem to support both directions. When I have it hooked up to a normal Sony KDL-40EX720, the receiver turns on when I use the HDTV remote to turn on the TV, but if I use the receiver remote to turn on the receiver, the HDTV stays doesn't...
Bump for more eyes/solid information Thanks in advance
I've got an old plasma monitor that was used as sort of a digital signage, but now I'm repurposing it as an HDTV. The problem is, there's no IR port for remote control, and the only way to turn it on/off is by literally plugging it in. The panel used to go to sleep and wake up via the proprietary box (which had a remote) that would push content to it, and all that had was an HDMI cable, so I assume it sent a CEC signal to the display letting it know to wake up (or...
So using CEC, I can use my TV remote to turn off my TV, and it'll put the receiver to sleep, but is it possible to set up the reverse? I want to turn off my receiver, and have it turn the TV off, or put it to sleep I have a plama/monitor that I want to hook my 708 up to, but it doesn't have a remote/IR sensor. It was an old industrial monitor that got powered on by a proprietary video box (that had a remote) that was connected to it, and I assume it received that via...
I'm looking for a zero lag video switcher/processor for presentations, with features somewhat similar to that of the Barco DCS-100. Mainly the logo store/freeze feature I have an iScan Duo, but there is a delay/lag when switching due to the digital nature of the signal, so now I'm looking for a switcher with the majority of the inputs using VGA. Unless there's a video switcher/processor that processes all digital inputs at the same time (even when they're not selected),...
I'm just using the remote control that came with it, and pressing the 1, 2, and 3 HDMI buttons to switch. Is there a better, more proper way? Question about when you switch sources on your unit: Is it literally instantaneous, or is there a split second lag? Also, if possible, can you record a video of the switching? I tried to find a demo on YouTube of it working, but sadly could not. I'd like to know if this is how it's supposed to act, if I set it up wrong, or if I got...
So I picked up the DVD iScan Duo, but there's still a lag when switching devices I've got a Macbook hooked up to HDMI 1, a camera hooked up to HDMI 2, and an iPad 2 hooked up to HDMI 3 and there's a few seconds of delay everytime I switch the inputs Is that always the case, or is there some sort of setting in the iScan Duo to defeat the lag? Because it's almost as bad as just using a switcher and letting the HDTV process everything
Sorry. I want a video processor that switches as well. I just put switcher in the title since I was posting in the video processor forum So is the DVDO pretty much it without multiplying it's price tag and getting something super high end? I just want to make sure it meets my demands. Does it process all active (plugged in) inputs so that when you switch, it's near instantaneous?
I'm looking for a generic HDMI switching unit that also does video processing/upscaling so that there's no lag when switching. I just need it to give a constant signal to a monitor/projector. Bonus points if it also takes 1 or 2 VGA inputs/3.5mm audio as well I don't have a lot of knowledge in the area, so I'm just looking for some direction. As of now, I've found the DVDO iScan Duo and the Denon DVP-602CI, with the DVDO being the preferred option because of its input...