or Connect

Posts by delt31

I can get the DVD for much cheaper and I only want it for the pixel flipper (mostly). Can I just go with the DVD version? EDIT - for $12 diff, I'll just go with blurry
HDMI issue - to summarize, one of the hdmi's on my st50 (hdmi 2) stopped working all of a sudden. This happened when I plugged in a chromecast in the hdmi. I've done a lot of tests and it's def the port. I checked to make sure it was turned on and it was. I reset the tv, i unplugged and plugged in. No luck. The other two work fine. Any suggestions on how to fix this or is it toast? I looked at the hdmi port and it seems ok although the fit doesn't seem as good as when I...
To summarize, one of the hdmi's on my st50 (hdmi 2) stopped working all of a sudden. This happened when I plugged in a chromecast in the hdmi. I've done a lot of tests and it's def the port. I checked to make sure it was turned on and it was. I reset the tv, i unplugged and plugged in. No luck. The other two work fine. Any suggestions on how to fix this or is it toast? I looked at the hdmi port and it seems ok although the fit doesn't seem as good as when I plug the...
Anyone have good settings for game mode picture? EDIT - seems like some good talk a few pages back. looking into it now. thanks
Didn't realize there was a dedicated st50 thread. any suggestions? Never owned a plasma...... Bought this tv used - watched it for a couple of days and no IR. I bought a stand for it and after installing it, I'm watching it today and I see ghost like images on the left side (like bars going down the left side of the tv) along with an espn logo on the right. No way I missed this during my previous two days but I never watched ESPN when I owned the tv. Could IR from...
thanks but as an LED guy and never seeing this, my eyes are just focusing on this IR. When you say it will be gone, is there something I can do to make this go away? If not, when does it go b/c it's really disheartening to see a great pic have an espn logo on the bottom. EDIT - been reading about running slides to fix this. Where do I get these slides? Edit 2 - found this link for a dvd slide show...... http://beginwithsoftware.com/videoguides/plasmatv/#.Uz4nNNxhPwI
Never owned a plasma...... Bought this tv used - watched it for a couple of days and no IR. I bought a stand for it and after installing it, I'm watching it today and I see ghost like images on the left side (like bars going down the left side of the tv) along with an espn logo on the right. No way I missed this during my previous two days but I never watched ESPN when I owned the tv. Could IR from previous times pop up again? I was thinking could I have caused it by...
Well I have a very bright room upstairs and have a C8000 LED sammy which stills looks unbelievable so I'm keeping that there. No other rooms need tvs....Located in DC.
I have a ST50 panasonic (new to plasmas). On my samsung I can change the audio setting to mode 2 and get english when watching a movie via usb hard drive. I don't see a similar option on my panny. any suggestion as the audio is defaulting to german! impressed by the PQ of this tv.
I thought I read somewhere about it needing to set or something. I have no idea wanted to double check. thanks!