or Connect

Posts by uplift1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DTS-HD_Master_Audio "The format supports a maximum of 192kHz sampling frequency and 24-bit depth samples in 2 channels stereo mode, and 24bit/96KHz resolution in multichannel mode with up to 8 channels. TrueHD and DTS-HA MA both cap out at 24/96 for surround. 24/192 is 2 ch only. And a lot of people in this thread seem to be confused about frequency and sample rate. From my understanding (I did a lot of wiki reading when first investigating...
I am experience some 480p weirdness with the Denon 1909 and Asus P5Q-EM. At startup my BIOS post screen is displaying on my 47in westy in a 4:3 ratio, but the image looks cropped, as if the video chipset is composing an 800x600 image, then cropping it down to 640x480 (trimming the edges of the image off). I never had this problem with the same TV using my older Onkyo 605 and Geforce 8800gtx, yet since I've swapped in the new G45 and Denon 1909, I'm getting this crazy...
Although expecting true bitstreaming on the G45 may be a reach, expecting bit perfect LPCM via the G45 PAVP has been claimed to be in development by Cyberlink for a future PowerDVD patch (presumably coming with the Auzentech's card release). Some here argue that we can't "trust" Cyberlink to pass unmolested LPCM, but why would they spend time with Intel engineers implementing G45 PAVP support if they weren't going to pass bit perfect LPCM (a la the PS3, proven to be...
I also have experienced a problem with HDMI -> AVR -> HDTV (works) + DVI -> LCD (no signal detected).
Err, what site is totally unmentionable? Can you link me the forum rules that identify this banned site?
It's never been in doubt that the ATI card is capable of outputting lossless audio. The issue has always been what the players are currently doing with their source material and what will they be doing in future revisions (ie what happens from disc read through to the receiver by the OS, audio drivers, and software players). All of these hardware solutions can produce 192k audio, the question is, will the players downsample hi def audio for fear of losing their BluRay...
Someone needs to log the bug with Asus tech support and it should get fixed in the next BIOS firmware update. Is this problem restricted to the Asus G45, or does the Gigabyte and other boards also exhibit it? http://vip.asus.com/eservice/techserv.aspx
I can get into BIOS through HDMI, but I have weird cropping/scaling issues when displaying old school DOS/BIOS screens (my HDTV shows a 4:3 image that looks like a full 16:9 scale image that was cropped to 4:3 so I'm missing the left and right edges of the bios screen).Having completed my P5Q-EM build on Sunday, I'm trying to track down answers on a few of my issues:* I would like to have a dual monitor setup, HDMI through to Denon 1909 receiver then onward to my 47in...
I've been catching up on Generation Kill episodes this week and can attest that the Dynamic Volume feature on my 1909 yielded an appreciable effect on "wife aggro". I call the three settings (Midnight, Evening, Day) "Don't wake the baby","Don't wake the neighbors",and "Don't piss off your wife in the other room." Combined with MultiEQ and Dynamic EQ, my 1909 runs circles around the Onkyo 605 it replaced.
Except we now have some confirmation from Cyberlink that they ARE working with Intel on protected audio path for the G45. ATI has said nothing about PAP so far.