or Connect

Posts by blu87

On the back of the TV, there are two screws for UHF. Then below that there are two screws for VHF. But, in between those two VHF screws is a 25 awg wire sticking out with a U-shaped metal thing on it that looks like it would attach to a screw. What is that wire for? I don't recall ever seeing a wire like that on one of these TVs.
Could someone tell me the difference between a 75 to 300 ohm transformer that attaches to four screws vs. the one that attaches to two screws? Is there a difference? And should the one that attaches to two screws be attached to the UHF or VHF screws, does it matter? I'm curious because I have an old TV from the '70s and I have it connected to the cable box via coaxial connections using the transformer. I recently got a new cable box (Comcast Cisco RNG100) and it's...
About two years ago, my father bought the Sony Bravia KDL-32BX320 LCD TV. My father is hard of hearing and turns the volume up kind of loud which travels through the house. Lately, the sound has been travelling through the door to his TV room on the 1st floor and up to bedroom on the 2nd floor. The sound that can be heard from the bedroom is faint, but audible. The sound is mostly of people talking. I'll point out that the bedroom is not even above his TV room, only the...
They appear to be stable, but I won't swear to it. I've been doing research like crazy and I think these lines I'm seeing may be scanlines. I've noticed the lines before in the 27" TV, but I have never ever seen them before in the 20" TV. Why in the heck are they so darn visible on the 27" TV? I didn't notice them a few days ago, but I have noticed them before.
I have two CRT TVs that just recently started producing perfectly straight horizontal lines across them. I thought maybe it was a cable related issue, so I posted in a cable forum but got no usable help. The lines are very thin, horizontal, spaced fairly close together and run from the top to the bottom of the screen. It's hard to say what color they are so I'd have to go with translucent. They're hardly visible on dark colored screens/pictures, but clearly there on white...
But knowing Comcast, they won't show up until next Monday.
The area I live in got a fairly nasty thunderstorm last night and since then I've been having problems with my cable TV. I'm trying to determine what the problem is because I can't meet with a repair guy until Thursday. I'm having pixelation/freezing problems on two TVs. One is a bit worse than the other. The third TV isn't even getting a picture. It just has a message that states the channel will be available shortly. The guide works fine. I tried unplugging the STB, but...
It looks to me as though the LPCM option is better. But, is there that much noticeable difference between LPCM 44.1 kHz/16bit and MP3 44.1 kHz/192kbps? This would be for recording live music (with permission).
Which one of these recording options will produce the best sound quality: LPCM 44.1 kHz/16bit: stereo MP3 44.1 kHz/192kbps: stereo MP3 44.1 kHz/256kbps: stereo Obviously, 256 is better than 192. But I don't really know much about LPCM. I know it's supposed to be uncompressed and lossless. But I'm not sure that the above LPCM option is better than the other two. While we're on the subject, does anyone know how I might determine whether MP3 players under $100...
People who complain about the Wii's graphics are just plain spoiled. I grew up with the Atari and original NES and those graphics are horrible. If you grew up with those consoles then you have no right to complain about the Wii's graphics, because they're amazing. Kids who didn't grow up with the Atari and NES are spoiled. They should be grateful they have the amazing video games that they have because the ones I grew up with sucked. Personally, I don't care for some...