or Connect

Posts by Seegs108

No offense to Best Buy salesmen but I'd make a wager most of them know nothing about projectors past what they read from the box or manual. Both Mike and Craig could run circles around Best Buy employees in a conversation about projectors.
That's actually what I was talking about. I'm saying a 1080p version would most likely be on a separate disc, not on the same disc as the 4K transfer. Regarding the 3D Blu-rays; I'm simply saying, based on how they are written to the disc, there is ALWAYS an option for 2D playback. I should specify that more as I'm an avid HTPC user and advocate so this makes my experience on the matter quite different compared to the very linear and directed experience of those who only...
Yes, this is sometimes true that the 3D bluray has a different encode but more often than not, this isn't the case. In recent memory they did this with Gravity but there aren't a whole lot of blu-rays changed for the 3D version. Either way, you can always play a 2D version of the film, even if the encode is different than the separate standalone 2D blu-ray, off a the 3D blu-ray disc simply because there are separate M2TS files for each eye. This is why there is an option...
What movies have a 2D blu-ray version offered on a separate disc included with the 3D disc? The way a 3D Blu-ray is setup is that there are two M2TS files. The left eye is the "2D" version with audio muxed in and the second, much smaller M2TS file, is the right eye information which is just video information, no audio. To play the 2D version the player simply plays the main, left eye, M2TS file. I believe any separate discs included have things like the ultraviolet...
Personally speaking, if you're going to go with a screen with anything higher than 1.3 gain, buy a Da-Lite High Power screen. After you get past 1.3, the optical coating used on angular reflective screens causes WAY too much sheen and sparkles. IMHO, the only screen past 1.3 gain that I'd consider is the Da-Lite High Power. It has a slight texture to the screen but no sparkles and no apparent sheen due to the retro-reflective nature of the material. Though that type of...
I was reading about how to do this on a Christie HD6K-M and that's how they have it set up. They have a PDF here with instructions. You use one color as a reference (red) and adjust the other two colors based off of that reference. There's a custom tool kit you need to order to adjust the panel housings and it seems like a fairly daunting task for someone who's never done it before. At least with the Christie HD6K-M you can always play around until you get it correct. With...
Don't quote me but I believe the Sony's have a dedicated gaming mode which is around 35ms of lag. That's basically as good as it gets for projectors. I would double check to make sure the newest models still have this mode.
I think you're really limiting yourself with that screen choice and budget you've given yourself for a projector. You have a screen with a surface area of 66.8 square feet which means you'll want a projector that can output at least 1100 calibrated lumens (or a mode that has somewhat accurate color) if you want to achieve at least 16ftL which is the desired brightness off the screen for home theater. In your price range there really isn't anything out there that can power...
The difference there is that the 3D encode has the 2D encode ( usually the left eye) on the disc not because it's some type of bonus content but because it's needed to present the film in 3D. Given the size of a 2D bluray is 25-30GB I doubt they'll have enough room on the same disc to include it. It would have to be on a separate disc included with the 4K version.
Whats the actual screen size, screen material and gain?