or Connect

Posts by HCCDesignGuy

HTSao, I'd love to chat with you about your issues. I have a lot of experience with these switchers as we've installed many of them since inception. I have a pretty good understanding of what goes wrong with them and have enough experience at this point to generally know when it's a Crestron DM problem & when it's something else... whether that be a control interface, network, etc. I will say, I'm fairly surprised the integrator didn't try to shove a more...
Scroll toward the bottom of page and check out the various options. These are excellent ways of doing what you want. You can offer the reset as a service for your client or just have them do it themselves... brainless and I'm assuming that since you sold this you might also be interested in making a little $$$ on the products as well vs some X-10 stuff. http://www.panamax.com/Products/Other/index.php
This is a great option: http://integrahometheater.com/model.cfm?class=Receiver&m=DTR-70.4&p=i Denon also has a good option however I s=don't normally recommend them simply because they tend to have HDMI socket problems (they just use low grade components). I'm not saying that Integra uses high-end components but I can say they are less problematic. Other idea would be to use a traditional distributed audio system and surround sound receiver for the surround sound...
You wouldn't build your home without a professionally designed set of plans... So why would you build your home entertainment & technology systems without one? We'll work with you to understand your family's needs so we can provide turnkey system specifications complete with detailed parts list & functional specifications. Price shown is the average per-square foot price for an integrated home system design. For details on pricing for your specific needs, please contact...
Crestron control system inclusive of programming to support a single room audio/video system. Includes: - Crestron IP Control processor - up to 4 IR Emitters (whatever is required) - up to 2 RS232 cables (whatever is required) - Standard programming includes programming of 1 display, 1 surround sound processor, 1 cable/satellite TV tuner, 1 DVD/Blu Ray or Apple TV utilizing pre-existing IR, RS232 or IP drivers & standard templates for easy control within the space limits...
If you have the opportunity to do all new wiring, what would be the reason for not doing some sort of alternative solution that can yield a much more elegant installation... free of banks of wall switches? The only solid reason I could perhaps come up with for going this route would be that you already have a large Insteon system in place. I don't subscribe to the constant string of updates on threads & I only visit AVSF once a week (if that). I'd love to communicate...
I must say, the budget is a bit on the tight side but given that you're interested in doing as much as possible yourself, I think you can likely pull it off. I'd be more than happy to chat with you further. Please send me a message through Private Message or through my web site or facebook page. I don't subscribe to the AVF threads as and I only check AVS about once every week to 10 days.
Contact me through PM or e-mail via my web site or Facebook page. I can recommend a solution/s. sorry, I'm short on time right now otherwise I'd reply here.
Well, while many of us are DIY'rs 'm not sure this is the right product for someone who has been looking into home automation for a while but has yet to pull a trigger. This looks to me like something that will be the Christmas gift that seemed really cool when someone opened it but after screwing around with it gets re-gifted the next year. While I can't really speak from the standpoint of a home technology DIY'r (since I do this for a living); I can speak from the...
And yes, for lighting controls, I agree with Westcojack. In our integration firm, while we don't offer Vantage (purely for business reasons), pretty much everyone in our company prefers Vantage.While I'm a fan of Cretron lighting, their biggest weakness (@ least in the residential products) is there lack of protection from power issues... We have been forced to go to big extremes in our designs which also adds to hardware costs to compensate for some difficiencies (we...