or Connect

Posts by isisyodin

I've been using makemkv. No issues to report. I do agree that choosing the main title is sometimes tricky, but it has never been a problem.
Most of the media players in the market don't even have gigabit Ethernet ports. It should not be required anyway as the maximum bandwidth required by blu-rays should be fine with 100mbps Ethernet. Could it be a bad termination or cable... Yes. Could it a bad or inefficient switch... yes. The best way to find out would be to do a test on your NAS to your terminating connector using a laptop. There are freeware apps that you can use or simply drag a file from your NAS to...
Yes it supports both. I had my setup similar to yours. Oppo for blu-ray discs and audio CDs and Dune for Mkv rips. No problem with lossless audio; It was setup to bitstream to my Marantz. I was however using the option to decode to stereo in the Dune when I connected it to an old Panny plasma and it worked fine. I never tried the other decoding options.
I just reread your post; your anthem does not decode DTS-MA nor Tru-HD, is this correct? If so, then you have to let your Dune decode your lossless audio tracks. I am not sure if the output would be LPCM, but it may very well be. It may be also the case that it may not work properly as I am guessing that most people use bitstream or stereo out (older TVs) and it hasn't been fully tested. I wish I could try it out for you but all my HT gear is in a container waiting on my...
Yes it should be able to do it. Make sure your audio settings are not set to decode but to bitstream. Also make sure you select the right audio track.
Nice room. I just moved to south Florida and will be adding a room for my HT hopefully within the next year. Compared to Texas where I had a dedicated room, everything is tiny and expensive over here. In any case, my suggestions are the following: Don't use paint. First, you'll be surprised how hard it is to get a perfect even surface; even with someone very experienced with mudding and taping; in addition the 2x4s used in framing are never perfect with slight bends and...
I would start by switching MPC off. Keep in mind that cable/sat providers want to push as many channels as possible which take a lot of bandwidth. In addition, they assign more bandwidth to certain channels (ie premium channels). Someone told me that TV providers optimize their bandwidth to a 50" size TV, so anything bigger than that will look pretty much like crap.
It looks then like your projector is where you are hitting your limits. It may be lack of calibration or it may be inherent to the technology used in your projector. Either way, you should check your gamma. If you are loosing details in either (both as well) dark or bright scenes. I have calibrated plasmas, LCDs front panels and LCD and DLNA projectors and having a good gamma curve makes a lot of difference in shadow detail (bright or dark). Projectors and TVs with poor...
One of the bigger issues with reflective light is that it will effectively be reflected back to the screen. The lighter your walls, ceilings and floors the worse it will be. Reflected light will wash out the main projected image. Therefore, in these situations the BD should help out even if the room is light controlled. One of my buddies has a 120" in fairly shallow room and his image looks terrible in any scene where the amount of light is significant (ie daylight...
What is your throw distance? I have a similar setup, and it is at limit. I will take some measurements and post back.