or Connect

Posts by robertcharles

ROCKVILLE, MD–With an eye to the upcoming Fourth of July celebrations, the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) issued an advisory this week to Americans everywhere to protect their hearing from exposure to Independence Day’s traditional fireworks displays.ASHA warned that the noise from exploding fireworks can reach 155 dB– louder than a military jet taking off. As a result, spectators anywhere close to where the pyrotechnics are set off run the risk of...
I have seen tons of fireworks displays over the years. If there ever was a thing that I enjoy over and over again, it is a fireworks display. The explosions and colors are just something to behold. The report of some of the big ones when they are far away has seemingly so much power and low frequency energy. I have listened to the Danley recording many times and it is truly amazing how close to reality it comes with that recording. I think it has to do with the distance...
That is why I am having second thoughts on my retrofit of the Def Tech 1800. The grill I was going to incorporate was just to get the surround under the surface, but if the driver moves forward, it will end up pushing on the cloth at almost all times. I have a 1.5 inch thick grill on my LMS cabinets. and the drivers are recessed 3/4". I am mulling over the def tech thing, and might just build new cabs and let it roll.Keep cranking,Robert
Making all kind of modifications without testing them is not the best idea. I would just use external ports to see how the tuning will effect the design and then modify to taste once the desired output is achieved- Lot less building and that way gives you many options to play with just by adding to the port on the outisde of the boxhttp://www.subwoofer-builder.com/vent-options.htmYou will like these ported systems.Keep cranking,Robert
I would put the extra 4 inch port or 2 six inch ports, but let them hang out the box in ordeer to see if they achieve the desired effect. Then, You will have to modify the box by allowing them to stay external or build a larger encloser to account for the added port volume.http://www.subwoofer-builder.com/vent-options.htmCheck these out!!!Keep cranking,Robert
First, you need to decide driver and then plug into WinISD, then use the volume of the box that is vented and calculate the cylinder volume needed using the calculator you posted above.Keep cranking,Robert
First, you need to decide driver and then plug into WinISD, then use the volume of the box that is vented and calculate the cylinder volume needed using the calculator you posted above.Keep cranking,Robert
I just would have a serious issue with someone telling me or even having an issue with me buying or placing nice equipment in my own home. I never can quite understand how this seems to be an issue at all. I guess I am a lucky dude! Oh yeh, when I hear something like that, I want to build something else just because!!Keep cranking,Robert
No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!Now that is what I am talking about. Each person has a frame of reference as to what the ultimate in sound truly is. Have you ever desired to try to reproduce those sounds from the Corp or are those sounds that are better left alone? Thanks for the service!!Keep cranking,Robert