or Connect

Posts by prodwel1

The Samsung's have an e-sata port and the manual states that drives are supported, but I'm not sure if TW disabled the output. I don't use an external drive so I won't be able to test. I know that way back when the SA boxes were first released, TW had disabled the e-sata port and it took them awhile to enable it.
Just wanted to let everyone know that the Samsung DVRs (SMT-3270) are finally available. I picked one up at the East Rochester location on Tuesday. Overall, the unit is definitely a lot sleeker - it's all black, about the size of a Tivo, and looks nice with other electronics. It has a 320GB hard drive and runs a lot quieter than the SA boxes. It also most likely has beefier processing and memory as it handles Navigator a lot smoother (you especially notice this when...
I live in Fairport and received the Navigator update on my 4250HDC last night. I only had about ten minutes to play around with it this morning before leaving for the office - but overall I am very happy. The software actually seems snappier and more responsive than the SARA software. While not 16x9, the guide and information screens all seem higher resolution (i.e. no jaggies on text or station logos). The OnDemand channels also received a nice UI overhaul and sport...
I just had a great chat with Moxi support. Some good info: the new software update will include SDV support and should work with the current tuning adapters that Time Warner and other providers send out for the Tivos - apparently Moxi has been working really close with cable providers on ensuring that this will work upon launch of the new software. And while the rep couldn't give me an exact date, he mentioned that it should be out before September. There are also a bunch...
I got my own question answered with a call to an extremely friendly Moxi rep. Apparently, the PayPal order process is handled completely separately from the Amazon process on the back-end. All of the PayPal orders are actually aggregated through a single woman at the Moxi office, who responds to each order by sending a 'welcome' email and then she sends your info to their distribution center. So in case anyone uses the PayPal payment feature and is wondering why they...
I just placed an order, via the Moxi website, for the HD DVR. I was directed to PayPal, where the actual transaction took place. As soon as I submitted through PayPal, I was re-directed to Moxi's home page with no confirmation of order. I did, however, receive a confirmation email from PayPal that my transaction was completed and 'sent' to Moxi. I'm wondering when I'll get my order and shipping information?
I may have an answer for you. I, too, had a similar problem in my condo. I have a 4250HDC and an 8300HDC. The cable coming into my condo was run through a splitter, one going to the cable box, the other going to my Roadrunner cable modem. The other connection to the bedroom TV has no splitter. With the split signal, no matter what box I used, I would get the VOD problem you are describing as well as some pixelation or break-ups on some of the HD channels. Turns out, the...
Agreed. And it's not just the CBS football broadcasts that look great - their prime time shows also look significantly better than the other networks. Just check out an episode of Big Bang Theory or How I Met Your Mother - you'll forget you're watching broadcast.
I wonder how this all would have panned out if Microsoft had placed an HD DVD drive in the XBOX 360 from the start. Granted, commercial drives weren't ready then, but I wonder how big a difference it would've made...
People simply need to stop trying to directly compare DVD and High Def Disc machines in certain areas. These are two completely different system architectures. Just because we "demand" that boot-up time is quick and 20-30 seconds is "unacceptable" doesn't mean that there is a valid point. I drive a car, I like how a plane can fly, but I don't complain that automobiles don't have wings. Same end goal - transportation (watching movies) but the vehicle is different...