or Connect

Posts by dfp

As a second set, and possible back up, maybe $500 is a good deal. It would be nice to know if it had any bad capacitors fixed for free, or is exhibiting any start-up symptoms. The A850 was top tier in '08 and I'd probably spring for a 55F8000 if it conked out. But I'd hate spending $2500 again, so I'm also following the 55F7100 at $1700.
If it's blue, you have the 860. I've had a 52A860 since Sep 13, 2008 and it is, indeed, beautiful. I'll keep it as long as it will have me. But I don't know if I'd spend $500 for a used one. They're getting old.However, I was wrong earlier to recommend the F6000 series as similar, because they have a matte screen. To get a similar set, with a glossy screen, you'd have to move up to a F7100, which is quite a bit more than $500. Another AVS'er, Pirates Cove had an A850...
The largest A850 they made was 52", so 56" is a typo or this is a scam. Also, the A850 came out in Sep 2008, so is a pretty old set. You might be better off saving up a little more and getting a new set. The entry level F6000 series is 120Hz, making it equivalent feature-wise to the A850.
I was curious, because I replied that I thought it was defective. How's the new screen?
I've actually seen an analog TV with this problem... bottom scan lines shown at the top. Can you set it to 16x9 to overscan the problem off the screen, like we do for closed captioning white lines at the top of some TV broadcasts. Also, could there be some mismatch between this 3D program and the 3D format (side by side, etc.), or is that automatic ?
The Samsung PIP window will only display a signal from the internal tuner. Therefore, split your Comcast cable before the cablebox, feed one coax into the box and feed the second coax cable into the RF input on the TV. Set the Source to "TV", find Autoprogram in the Setup menu, and scan for cable channels. Comcast is still broadcasting all local channels in HD, and several other channels in SD, all off the coax cable (called in the clear). With the source set to TV,...
Comcast as a link where you can get codes and program your remote: http://customer.comcast.com/remotes/ Hope your Vizio code is in there.
Five days isn't up yet. Call East Coast and tell them you want a replacement or a refund. Your problem sounds like a defect... banding is usually a wide band of pixels, not a single row.In the meantime, unplug the TV for a few minutes, then plug it back in to see if that resolves the problem. Also, re-seat the HDMI cable from your box to the TV. When I first got my set five years ago, there were a few times I got a broad random grid of lines a few times, but it went...
I didn't see an official F6300 thread either, but did find a F6350 thread which is a Costco version of the 6300. 6300 owners have adopted it, too:http://www.avsforum.com/t/1467138/official-samsung-un-f6350-series-led-tv-owners-threadAlso, there is a F6400 thread, which is a similar model, you could it check out.I don't own a 7100, but have a Samsung 52" A860, a 2008 model with an ultra clear glossy panel. I've helped a dozen friends buy and install TVs in the last five...
Well, I actually didn't give any reasons for the few replies, just an observation that new threads asking for opinions don't do well here. Only complete novices seem to get replies to help them get started.Your best bet is to go to the owner's thread for the model you're interested in. Now that I see you're eliminating the LG's, check for a F6300 or F6400 owner's thread. There may be some panel lottery discussion there, and you might also find out if different retailers...