or Connect

Posts by dfp

You're probably not getting replies because threads asking for an opinion, especially about two different brands, don't get a lot of response here. And you seem knowledgeable enough that you're not picking up the elementary help a total novice might receive. You'll get better info if you check out the owner's threads for each model. There, you may also get some real comparison between the brands as some owners will have exchanged one model for the other brand. And you...
Display Search reports that, in 2012, Samsung increased worldwide flat panel revenue share to 28%. LG came in second at 15%, Sony, third, at 8%, Panasonic fourth at 6%, and Sharp fifth at 5%. All others came in at 38%.http://www.displaysearch.com/cps/rde/xchg/displaysearch/hs.xsl/130321_global_lcd_tv_shipments_fall_for_the_first_time_in_2012.aspDo yourself a favor and run over to a store and compare the picture quality as best you can. Then read the threads for the...
Frank, the 7100 has the Ultra Clear Panel, which is the glossy screen. The 6400 has a semi matte screen. There's a big difference. Go compare in a store to see which you prefer.
I wish someone would jump in with a resolution for you. In the past, we would turn off Anynet (HDMI-CEC) in the TV, receiver, blu ray, etc. HDMI-CEC was invented to allow you to be able to use one remote for all devices. The implementation, however, causes unwanted switching of inputs on devices when equipment is turned off then back on. The solution in the past was to leave HDMI-CEC off and either use several remotes or configure a Logitech Harmony remote to control...
Viewing angle doesn't come into play right in front of the TV, so It must be some sort of banding. I don't know if it will spread. Check out the Owner's thread on this forum for your model Vizio and see what they are saying. They might be able to answer your question. They may have some adjustments they could recommend.If you post your question there, let them know whether it happens only on Netflix, or only on that Art of Flight documentary you were watching. Also,...
If you notice it when you are off to one side and it appears on the far side, that would be due to a poor viewing angle, which occurs in LCDs. Usually, however, darks appear lighter. If you notice it when you are sitting directly in front of the screen, then it could be banding, however, usually the "bands" are closer in color to the background, say a darker blue on a blue sky, not brown bands on a white screen. Try to observe if it only happens on white screens, or only...
If you notice it when you are off to one side and it appears on the far side, that would be due to a poor viewing angle, which occurs in LCDs. Usually, however, darks appear lighter. If you notice it when you are sitting directly in front of the screen, then it could be banding, however, usually the "bands" are closer in color to the background, say a darker blue on a blue sky, not brown bands on a white screen. Try to observe if it only happens on white screens, or only...
Glad to hear that. Now check out my answer to what I assumed was your blu ray problem:http://www.avsforum.com/t/1470900/official-samsung-unxxf7100-owners-thread/990#post_23465166I assumed it sent the TV source back to "TV", instead of HDMI1 (or wherever you have your cablebox), when you shut off the devices. That has been a glitch in the HDMI-CEC implementation for all manufacturers, and I've been waiting for someone to report that it's been fixed, but, five years later,...
It's not operator error. Anynet (HDMI-CEC) is a feature to allow one remote to control multiple devices, but it causes the TV to revert to the "TV" input when you shut off the blu ray player. Simply turn Anynet off in both the TV and the blu ray, shut down both devices, re-start, and use the blu ray remote to control the blu ray..This HDMI-CEC implementation problem exists across all manufacturers, not only Samsung. Some of us have moved to a universal remote, like a...
I'm not sure you have to replace the Comcast box, just unplug it from the wall for a few minutes. Then plug it back in. Wait a few moments for the box to re-initialize itself before you try it. Unplugging also allows the DVR part of it to "effectively" defragment your saved programs and it will run faster. Of course, it will take hours for the Guide to repopulate, and scheduled recordings will show as TBA until it does.If you still have the problem, call Comcast and...