or Connect

Posts by plessm

I got my LED 620 yesterday. Wow, the settings out of the box were horrible. I started on Dynamic setting, then set brightness to 73, contrast 50, saturation 40, left color temp on cool. I turned off all the advanced items except for adaptive backlight. It's much better now. I'm sure it could be fined tuned more, I did this real quickly right after I turned it on. I've been real happy with it so far. The only thing I don't care for is the four "spotlights" coming...
I have had the 722 for about 2 months now. Other than it locking up 2 times in those two months and missing some recordings during that time until I found it locked up, it's been pretty good. I have a small 3 foot directional antenna on the roof of my house from an old system I had called "Voom". I plugged that antenna in and let the 722 do a search for channels and it found a few at about 60 to 70 strength on the meter. I'm around 52 miles from our nearest HD towers,...
The center field camera is horrible. I kept checking my TV to make sure I was on the HD broadcast. I have tons of noise in the picture when they show from center field. Seems like the side camera's look pretty good.
Thanks for your reply. I checked my noise reduction settings, they are turned off. I followed CNET and another person's settings on here on Saturday when I was trying to tune the picture. Also tried the Standard setting. The DVD, HD, and standard definition are not as good as the Mitsubishi I had. I don't know if I have a bad "copy" or what, but my TV makes my eyes tired and they feel out of focus when I look away from the TV. Also, I got home tonight and turned it on...
I just returned my 52" Mitsubishi WD-52631 I think it was, because it kept turning itself off saying to check the air flow. Anyway, I had 4 or 5 days left on my 90 day Costco warranty and got really tired of it turning off, plus the sound through the onboard speakers was horrible, tinny, vibrating sounding. I got a Sony KDS-55a2020 yesterday to replace it. I've been watching HD and DVD's trying to tune it. I changed settings to some I found on here and it helped...
Sorry, posted in wrong forum
I bought this unit from Costco about 2 months ago. I really like the set and the features. PQ to me is great. In the last 3 weeks, almost every time I turn the set on, it immediately comes up with a "check lamp ventilation" message and turns the set off. Wait a couple minutes, then turn it back on and it will run all day, no problems. I've checked the vents and there's no obstruction. I keep my A/C set at 76 in the house, so the room isn't hot at all. My...