or Connect

Posts by Heinrich S

Maybe what I should do is draw a diagram of the cabinet in google sketch... to show you where the vents will be and where the equipment will be placed. I don't know, probably would be more helpful?
Hi Jack There is no underfloor heating. As I said I'll have removable shelves, but the cabinet will be big enough that I could keep all components on the same level and spread far enough apart that there is ample space around them. I'll keep them all on the bottom. I don't know if making holes in the bottom would be worthwhile as far as additional cooling goes, as there would probably be 3 cm of height with the casters in place. When you say a gap in front, I'm not sure...
I'll be using an infrared repeater with the doors closed. That was the idea anyway. But I'm somewhat rattled now as far as the build goes. I haven't given the carpenter the go ahead yet, but I'm a little nervous now as I probably haven't put enough thought into the design as far as passive cooling goes. I'm not an expert on passive cooling and neither is my carpenter.
I was going to have removable shelves. The receiver and blu-ray player and decoder would be able to fit without me need to put on a shelf. I could space them out quite a bit too, as I have about 1.5 meter of width to work with. So you recommend that I put the amp closer to the top of the cabinet, not on the bottom. I'm terrible at visualising this stuff.Basically all that I can do is possible make holes in the bottom panel. There will be caster wheels at the bottom of the...
Unfortunately my receiver is Class AB. I don't have the funds right now to buy a new receiver. I hardly use my existing one! I'll have to try the passive cooling that Jack mentioned. Hope I don't fry my electronics to death. No, my lounge won't look quite as nice as the pic you see, but baby steps ... baby steps...
Okay, so you suggest leaving the rear open. That was my idea from the get-go, so I'm glad you agree. The rear of the cabinet will be 4-5cm away from the wall. So when you access the equipment manually by opening the front doors, you suggest making holes in the bottom piece. Would slat-type holes be good enough or should I just make big round holes? I bought an apartment, but I really don't want an in-wall job. I actually want to have wood in the room. It's just me, I like...
I don't think the carpenter will know exactly what to do as far as the fan solution goes. He just builds cabinets. I wouldn't know where to start to get this done to be honest. It might be dead simple to do, but I don't have the foggiest idea. I figure some members on the forum must have enclosed cabinets, so i can possibly see what they did with their installs. FYI, my cabinet will have three doors. It's not a long line of doors like you see in the pic, but it looks...
I am having a custom cabinet made for my electronics. It is going to be enclosed as I am going for a clean minimalistic look. My concern is the heat. What do people do in these cases? Install fans? The back of the cabinet will be left open and the bottom section can have slats made if it would help with air flow. There will be ample room for the amp and at least 2" of additional height above it. If I don't intend on playing my equipment loud, should I be concerned about...
What I was trying to imply : if you have the bass sorted then you should not hear one note bass, i.e. the fundamental is clearly seperated from the harmonic(s) and when heard this way the latter sounds lower.
My room is not nearly flat, but I'm trying to get it within 6-10 dB. I've been told that 0 to 3 db variances should be considered very good, 3-6 db acceptable. The lowest note on an electric guitar is 40Hz, however there are harmonics that go lower than the fundamental and these bits and things like ambience, etc, lives in the lower bass regions, i.e. bass below 40Hz. Most systems miss this. Coupled with a decent subwoofer(s) and room treatments and you will be...