or Connect

Posts by txcrude

I have been looking for a basic 42" LCD with SmartTV feature and DLNA and came across this model which sells for around $700. I am a big fan of LG and have a 55LW6500 and two BD670. They work great with my Zyxel NSA221 media server and play any format you can throw at them. Does anyone have any experiences with it?
I was going to get the Amazon one too but then I read that it was only for Amazon purchased TVs and I got mine from Newegg (w/ XBox bundle)
I bought one through Square Trade a couple weeks back. They had a coupon code for 20% off and also offered an additional 4th year for a total of about $139
but Sony usually does not handle most video formats such as DiVX
I have been looking for one of these for a while but it seems DLNA support is only available in current LG TVs from 42" upwards. What a shame. I would prefer to have it built-in vs an external box or DVD player (BD 650 is the lowest model with DLNA) There seems to be an LG model 32LE5500 but it does not appear to be available in the US. http://www.lg.com/ph/tv-audio-video/...v-32LE5500.jsp
I have also been looking for one of these but it seems DLNA support is only available in current LG TVs from 42" upwards. What a shame. I would prefer to have it built-in vs an external box or DVD player (BD 650 is the lowest model with DLNA) There seems to be an LG model 32LE5500 but it does not appear to be available in the US. http://www.lg.com/ph/tv-audio-video/...v-32LE5500.jsp
same here. when watching Netflix we frequently have to crank it up to 80, 90 or even 100
As far as I can tell the BD 650 is the lowest end model with network connectivity and DLNA support. Is that correct ? I am looking for a fairly low cost BD player for the guest room instead of having just a media streamer like the WD Live. I already got a BD670 for the living room and so far am very happy with it. The BD 670 is actually a couple bucks less than the 650 at Amazon. I am just waiting to see if the 650 will go on sale for < 100 bucks. I have seen the 630...
I just got mine a couple weeks ago. I have been reading this thread for month now but did not take notes. Now I may have to re-read all those pages over again. Would be grateful if you could post your notes (tip sheet) here.
I just got my BD670 a few days ago and after plugging it into my network I immediately updated the firmware to BD.8.62.369.E, however, whenever I try to install an app (i.e. 3D Zone) it says that new software is available. When I select 'Update' it is checking for updates and then states that I already have the latest software. When I select 'Cancel' it doesn't install the app. Any advice ?