or Connect

Posts by fcwilt

Thanks for the information regards multiple Nuvo units and how they combine. While I don't carry my phone around at the time I purchased the Sonos gear, Sonos was selling the CR100 controller - and every room that has speakers has one of those sitting in the charging stand. When the CR100s finally breakdown (as eventually they will) then I will have to find another solution.
And the reverse can be true. Having had in-wall keypads and then having moved to Sonos and tablets, cell phones, etc I do not miss the keypads at all. And as mentioned you can centralize Sonos just like any other system. Yes the Sonos boxes will likely take up more space but that for the most part is due to the redundancy your are getting - which may or may not be of value to the customer. I do have one question regards the Casatunes, Nuvo approach - and yes I could...
The point of multiple Sonos boxes is not always about multiple streams - there is also the inherent ability to direct any source to any zone and control the volume in any zone. And don't overlook the inherent redundancy as each unit stands alone with its own power supply, amp, source selection, etc. And if you install a matrix switch how is it controlled? Not from the Sonos app.
So you can have total flexibility about what plays where, at what volume, all controlled with one simple user interface.With fewer sources then zones you need a way to determine what plays where and that also needs control.Suggestions?
To obtain the performance and features of Sonos from another brand or brands you are going to spend a like amount of money (plus or minus a bit). Regards the $5700 - consider the cost of the house and contents as a whole. To save a significant amount of money you are going to have to sacrifice something. One way to "save" that works with Sonos is to build your system incrementally, adding Connect Amps one or two at a time. Or go to your Sonos reseller and ask for a...
That sounds like a good solution. Just for future references there are very specific specifications to be followed when installing connectors having to do with how much covering/shield can be removed and how much wire can be untwisted.
Well as I said 6A is VERY different from 6 and 6 is different from 5e. I have seen connectors that claim to be 5e/6 compatible but when I read the specs the wire gauge range they accept does not cover 6 cable. If you want to have a cable that will be as future proof as possible then 6A is the way to go - it is rated for 500 Mhz as opposed to 6 which is 250 MHz. BUT all of this is very much dependent on PROPER termination of the cable and PROPER connectors. If you...
Thanks for that information. Our home is a open floor plan - the kitchen, dining area, family room are different sections of one large space - so one TV serves. I didn't know music came in DVD format. All of my music in CD format gets ripped to my "music" NAS to be played over the Sonos system. Thanks again.
Well if you DONT need the performance characteristics of 6A then there is no need to use it. If 5e will meet your needs then use that. If you need the performance characteristics of 6 then use that. Which ever you chose get the correct connectors - to the best of my knowledge 5e and 6 need different connectors. At least the brand I use has different part numbers for the 5e and the 6 connectors. They list nothing labeled 5e/6.
Well you need to use the correct connector for the cable - 6A is not 6 - not by a long shot - so I suggest you accept the fact the connectors are more expensive and do it right.