or Connect

Posts by viscom

The owner reviews of the Vizio E371VA at Amazon, etc., are pretty consistently bad with complaints about picture/sound lag being a common theme. I'm currently looking at the unit at Costco for $449 to use as a small bedroom tv. The price is right and the display looks great in the showroom. With a 90 day return policy, I'm tempted to try it out, but really would prefer to avoid the hassle if this unit is truly a loser. I trust avs posters more than amazon reviews, so...
My unit (my second 605 - first replaced by amazon - unrelated sound problem) started shutting down after a few months of trouble free service. I tried everything Onkyo suggested. The speakers and their connections seem to be the common culprit. Before i shipped the unit to the warranty shop the unit was shutting down while completely cold and disconnected from everything. In fact, the first time it shut down was moments after turning it on cold one morning. Onkyo shop...
Bengbeng, What is the size norm in Europe? Is 50" uncommon?
Fine . . . but OP was asking for specific information. Not at all unreasonable. Does anyone know? What happened last year?
Darren_C, First of all, thanks for the GREAT review. It's refreshing - and useful - to read a clear, unbiased report of what your experience has been with this unit. Somehow that honest personal view seems even better than all the more technical reviews we've all seen. And along with those, your "eyballs on the screen" review makes me feel much more comfortable about my own upcoming buying decision. Right now that's between the 5080 and the PRO1150. Which brings me...
Itigap, thanks for making that squirrely issue completely clear. Very helpful! So, with the different processing, what real improvements in PQ might I be able to see? I know that's subjective but . . .
Powerdog posed his question more than a month ago - still no reply. I also would love to know the answer. Searching the forum gets essentially the same (non)answer - i.e., the list of features that separate elite from non-elite. Although that is useful to a point, I am more interested in informed first hand experience - personal observation. I would love to make the comparison myself but that has so far been impossible to do. There must be many forum members who have...
Thanks,SMA. I guess that answers my question. CNET waits for the manufacturers to send samples. So what's Pioneer waiting for . . . a marketing decision, probably.
Am I in the wrong forum? Or does no one really know?
I've pretty much narrowed my imminent flat panel choices down to the well-reviewed Samsung LN-T4665F (LCD) and the new Pioneer 4280 plasma. CNET has reviewed the 46"Samsung but only given us a quick look at the new Kuro Pioneer, promising a "full hands-on review as soon as samples are available". That was in early May. These have been available on the market for some time now. Although I really value the comments of AVS Forum's community, I feel compelled to wait for...