or Connect

Posts by Kamikaze13

So I watched Avatar tonight which looked absolutely stunning but 5 or 6 times the picture flickered, and 4 or 5 times the picture flashed black for a split second. Has anyone experienced this? Feels like an HDMI issue?
Check with Eastporters.com out of Ontario. They quoted me much less than $3,999 and it came with 2 sets of 3D glasses and you don't get killed on the dollar exchange.
I would hope you tried a different HDMI cable before assuming it was the board.
It's been over 4 weeks now and my Onkyo service depot apparently still does not have the hdmi board in. They're claiming Onkyo is always really slow in shipping the parts to them.I bought a new projector and I can't enjoy my HT to the fullest. My backup Yamaha just sounds so hollow it's hard watching anything.
But I don't watch a lot of 3D movies either. I go out of my way to avoid them so I haven't even seen more than 10 or 15 probably.
Another reason I can't stand 3D is you have to look at what they want you to look at. A lot of the time I like to scan the background or look for other details. 3D eliminates that. The first Thor was a good example of that. Worst 3D movie I've ever seen.
I've switched to 1080P/60 and that has made things much better except I had the above happen once when I switched to a 25' HDMI cable, made it through one preview and the screen froze but the sound kept playing. Switched out the cable and haven't had it happen again. (I'm using HDMI 2 for audio out so obviously the sound would keep playing)I've never had to hard power it. The projector remains responsive to the remote commands but just doesn't display it on screen. Think...
I think you mean divide by 1.78?
Good link, thanks.I will be using the zoom method.On low lamp I find the RS57 plenty bright on my 106" 1.0 gain matte white screen in my fully light controlled HT. (Brand new lamp though)I'm trying to decide between a higher end screen or something cheaper and then use the extra cash for black out and masking.
I'd be interested to know what screens others are using with their JVC's.I currently have a 106" 16:9 Grand View fixed frame but would like to upgrade to a 120"-125" 2.35:1 screen.